Thursday, August 11, 2011

{fourteen} days

That's what I have left of summer break to spend with the kids.
I wish that it was more.
But since it's not, we will make the best of it and squeeze it all in.
The blog has been quiet for this reason so here is a little catch up.

Ryan is getting excited for Kindergarten to start, which I am happy about but I think I'm more worried about him starting than I was with any of the other boys.  It seems like so long ago when they had started and Ryan's my baby so I'm just not ready to let him go.  We were able to go to Roaring Springs this week with Grammy and Hailey and Ryan was loving every minute of it.  He has an endless about of energy and was a dare devil which scared us all.  He wouldn't go on the big rides but in the wave pool and lazy river, he had no fear.  He was quite amazing to watch diving under the water, curling himself up into a little ball and floating around letting the water take him wherever.  Now that we have an iPad, the boys have finally caught up with the rest of the world and found out all the buzz about playing Angry Birds and now Ryan has become obsessed, well actually they all have.
Luke is not excited about starting second grade at all even though he does enjoy school.  He just gets so nervous starting anything new and until he knows exactly what to expect he won't be excited.  This is exactly how he felt starting flag football this week and after the first practice he was already enjoying it. Luke's also made some great progress in his reading over the summer so seeing his confidence grow in that has been wonderful.  The biggest thing that everyone has noticed about him this summer is how tall he has grown, he is almost as tall as Cody now, it's crazy!
Cody can't hardly wait for school to start, especially after getting all of his new school supplies today that is all he talks about.  He just loves learning, he even started learning all of his states and capitals over the summer just for something fun to do.  He is constantly thinking about things and questions everything, he amazes me with must go on in his head all day.  Right now his favorite place to visit someday would be Europe.  His other interest right now is writing letters.  He was looking at one that I received in the mail last week and just became fascinated with everything about them, from how to write one, on how to address the envelope and on how it gets to where it's going.  He wrote three just this week and can't wait to write more so don't be surprised if you get one in the mail because he's been studying my address book.
As for myself I have become obsessed once again with Scrabble but this time with playing it on the iPad because I can play against people I know which is so much more fun.  I have been out with the boys school shopping which has been fairly easy and I was happy to find so many great deals.  It's fun seeing what they like and pick out, a lot of bright colors this year.  I couldn't believe when we took them shoe shopping that Cody and Luke each went up two sizes from last year, Cody wears a 5 1/2 and Luke a 3 1/2. I have many projects that I either haven't started or haven't finished (including painting) this summer so I'm putting a hold on everything until the kids are back in school.  I need something to keep me busy on the full days that they will all be there.
Heath changed crews at work so he is now on the Install crew and has been working lots of overtime. Of course Qwest was bought out so Heath is now working for Century Link, so far so good with the new company.  Since we didn't go on any vacations this year Heath hasn't taken any time off so he is looking forward to a long week off over Labor Day, he deserves it.  He is also having fun assisting with the coaching for Luke's flag football team.  Luke likes having him out there which is pretty sweet because he doesn't like when I help out at the school.  It will be fun watching Luke play and learn the game! Cody was even interested in what sports that are coming up that he could play while watching Luke's practice, so we will see what happens with that.

That's all for now, just hoping that our summer days slow down.

1 comment:

  1. 14 days?! Noooo! Summer can't be over. I am thrilled that you have an iPad now and that I can continually spank you in Scrabble. :) Thanks for the ego boost...I needed it.

    ReplyDelete