Just a few bits of randomness that I may want to remember {someday}.
Ryan and I were looking through Cody's photo album and we came across pictures from some of his early birthday parties. Ryan then wanted to look at some of his old birthday pictures so he got his photo album out. Well the guilt set in when he realized that his album didn't even go up to his FIRST birthday party so he said to me very sadly, "You didn't want to take any pictures of my birthday parties?" I guess I better move that project up to the top of my list.
Luke is always full of comments, not always nice or appropriate ones but comments none the less. When I was making him read to me when he didn't want to be reading he said to me, "Reading is even worser than your dinners!" Then when I was giving the boys a lecture and demonstration on how to use the bathroom because I'm tired of cleaning pee off the walls Luke said, "Well sometimes I have to wrestle it like it's a horse". I didn't ask for anymore of an explanation.
Cody always makes me laugh on the randomness of the facts that he knows, he teaches me something new everyday:
When asking him to get me a band aid he explained to me how band aids were invented.
When talking with Ryan about his homework on 9-1-1 Cody informed me what England's emergency number was.
When cooking baked potatoes in the crock pot (great idea by the way) he informed me how you can make a potato cook faster.
Amanda and the girls surprised us with a plate of Halloween sugar cookies. I love her sugar cookies they are simply the best. I can't eat just one at a time it's more like five so that explains the headaches I would get each day. We hope to pay it forward with some treat delivering of our own.
A conversation with Ryan when we were cleaning his room:
Ryan: What is on my bed?
Me: I don't know but it looks like throw up.
Ryan: Oh yeah I just remembered I frowed up last night.
Me: Why didn't you wake mommy up and I would of helped you?
Ryan: I just wiped my face off with the blanket and went back to sleep.
Loose crickets in the house are becoming less of a big deal around here now that we are up to eight or nine.
Granted I hope that's the real number and just not the ones we have happened to see because I am really not fond of crickets. Not only are they gross but they are expensive little fellas too, we spend more on crickets to feed the gecko than we do on dog food to feed Ruby. I guess we should of done our research before we bought a new pet.
I guess like dogs who start to look like their owners over time the same should be said of great friends. Amanda and I have people ask us all the time if we are sisters, this happened again just the other day at the school. Since the boys and girls are always together the librarian thought that they were cousins and that I was the aunt to the girls, we even have a poor mom confused at the school because she always asks me how Abigail is doing, it just makes us laugh and we take it as a compliment, (right Amanda?).
I asked Ryan how it was when Amanda was helping out in their class the other day and he told me, "It was like a miracle." I wonder if he will say the same thing when I get to help out this week in his class?
The boys are all into robots these days after seeing the movie Real Steel last week with my sisters family. They loved the movie and have been re-enacting the fighting scenes constantly. It's funny to hear Ryan running around saying, One.. Two.. Uppercut..
Amanda and I took pictures of the kids this week because for a very short time each year they are all a different age in order and we have a five, six, seven, eight and nine year old. We wish we would of been taking these pictures all along but who knew they would of turned out to be this good of friends. Anyways just a fun little memory of the fabulous five.

No comments:
Post a Comment