Monday, September 24, 2012

snapshots

Finally the day arrived for Luke to get his hair colored.
He decided on blue.
He thought the process took forever.
He couldn't believe all of the steps.
the bleaching-the washing-the cutting-the coloring-the washing
and then finally the styling.
Luke loves it though, so he thinks it was all worth it.
I stopped by for a surprise visit when my mom was babysitting Kimber last week.
She really didn't want anything to do with me, just Grammy but she is sure is a lot of fun.
Ryan got an 89 percent on his first two spelling tests because he forgot the period in his sentence
but spelled everything correctly, such a bummer.
We were so excited to see the 100 percent he brought home today when he remembered his period.
At dinner tonight he kept saying, "I got my period, I got my period!" 
Not only did Cody receive a postcard in the mail today from his teacher telling him how good he was doing in class but he also found out that he got the narrator/Merlin character part in the play "Joust" that he tried out for.
The last picture is just funny because this kind of thing is so common at our house.  Heath is horrible at setting things down and not remembering where he puts them but is always so quick to blame me or the kids for missing things.  Just the other morning he asked me where his deodorant was to which I replied dunno. The next morning when I was in the closet getting dressed  I looked up and happened to see this on the top shelf and just had to laugh, the missing deodorant had been found.
 Another exciting ceremony for Ryan tonight.
He received his second stripe for his white belt.
He is super happy about it and does really well in class,
he even learned a whole blocking set this session and had to memorize 
all of the blocks in order.
 This is really funny.
Last Friday night I put in one of our old family videos to watch with the family,
which the kids thoroughly enjoyed and so did I... mostly.
I snapped this picture from the video with my phone so you could see for yourself.
During this part of the video I say to Ryan,
"Ryan, look at mommy's big belly, you are inside of my tummy there
and I'm pregnant with you."
Heath then says to me, 
"Ummm,  Melissa he's already been born."
(you can see that Ryan is in the lower left part of the picture and since we are celebrating Luke's birthday that would make Ryan 9 months old)
and I'm like "What???"
Oh goodness that was embarrassing!

No comments:

Post a Comment