Saturday, November 24, 2012

our thanksgiving

Thanksgiving 2012
my family
including Matt's dog Dixie
I love the traditions of our day
the dinner that we eat off of my great grandmas's china
the kids wondering when and if they will move up to the grown up table
the turkey being carved by my dad
the kitchen full of everyone helping to get it all done
the jokes of me always over eating
the feeling of us all being together

I didn't take one picture at Thanksgiving and don't really know why
I had my camera but sometimes it seems like too much work
but at least I have these that I stole from the family.
It was a good day together.
The family was all there including a few others
Jim's parents and his son Tyler.
We ate a delicious dinner 
played apples to apples
watched football
looked at the sales papers
watched old videos of my mom's singing group
took naps
and hung out.
 Kimber was such a happy girl
she is changing so much and is watching everything
she loved having a house of people to watch
and we loved watching her
she giggled
and smiled
and laughed all day long.
Luke spent a lot of time with her.
He was so sweet. 
We also have fun writing anonymously something that we are thankful for
then going around the room drawing one out at a time to guess who wrote what.
Some are so obvious (like my moms) and then some are a little harder to figure out
but it's fun.
 Since my brothers birthday always falls somewhere around Thanksgiving
we usually get to spend part of the day celebrating him.
He is something I tell you.
He brings a lot of fun, excitement and craziness to our family.
My baby brother is twenty nine, now that is crazy.

 Matt had asked that everyone make him a home made birthday card this year,
We don't know if he was serious or just kidding around but that's what we did.
My mom printed off this picture for his birthday card
it was taken just a few days after he was born.
Matt thought that it would be fun to re-create it
so that's what we did.
Twenty nine years later
So that was our day.
Thankful for so much.


2 comments:

  1. Oh crap, I LOVE that re-created picture!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the re-created picture..Still laughing! What a great family, just think how how young we will all look years from now when our babies are all grown!!! Your mom and dad don't look old enough to have kids in that pic!

    ReplyDelete