Tuesday, January 22, 2013

birthday boys and a girl

Saturday we celebrated
Luke and Heath
they have birthday's coming up really really soon
but my parents won't be here to help us celebrate
they will be in Hawaii
I'm so jealous
some place warm sounds so good
I'm so over this -4 degrees stuff
It was just my parents and us
because the family party will be this weekend
My parents picked a great place for dinner
Kyoto's Japanese Steak House
the boys have been only one time but were so little they don't remember
Luke didn't know anything about the birthday plans
or that he was going to see Grammy and Papa
he was so surprised to see them in the waiting area at the restaurant
he was speechless
that's how surprised he was
we enjoyed some great food
it was so yummy
the boys all gave their chopsticks a try
Ryan was actually pretty good at it
all the boys tried catching the shrimp tossed in the air
Heath was the only one to catch it
the boys thought our chef Tony the tiger was funny
and were in awe of his skills
after presents
we headed to the movies
and watched Parental Guidance
it was the perfect movie for our family night
it's all about grandkids and grandparents
it makes you laugh and cry
we all loved it
everything about our day was perfect
I love those kind of days.
The weekend before we had done a little more celebrating
this time it was for my sister though
she turned forty
I can't even believe that
because that means I'm not far behind
but she looks great
she is going to handle forty just fine

 after the not so very surprised surprise party
with the family, food and presents
we all headed out bowling once again
where my mom came out the winner for the second time
at least for our team
the boys didn't cry once 
they even bowled some spares and strikes
it was a great night for everyone
Happy Birthday Sis

1 comment:

  1. I love that your family loves spending so much time together. Makes my family seem (a little) less weird! :)

    ReplyDelete