Thursday, June 9, 2011

just some {things}

Slowly the weather has been warming up but even at just barely over 70 degrees these kids were ready to swim. Ash and Ryan were enjoying the water, they love to go under to get the rings and sticks.  Ryan has to wear his goggles at all times but Ash doesn't care, Ash also loves to jump in from the side but Ryan's not to sure about that, but hopefully soon.
Abigail and Luke played together non-stop, they kept coming up with game after game and were just having the best time.  They love jumping in, having races, diving down for rings and competitions holding their breath.  If we said yes they would be down at the pool everyday.
Funny Luke Story:  Luke was with me when I was at the red box when he noticed a payphone next to it.  He started checking it out and asked me about the phone book holder (which was missing the phone book) and wanted to know what it was.  When I told him he couldn't believe how cool it was that people would go there to use a phone book and make a phone call.  Also the other day when Cody was giving us a fact about where the first book press was ever made and what year Luke asked me, "Mom did they have books in the 1980's?"
Cody opted out of swimming this day to catch up on his reading, I guess the Lego book needed re-read for the millionth time.  Funny Cody Story:  He overheard Luke talking to his friend on the phone and came to tell me that they were saying bad things about me.  Things like I was fat and had yellow teeth.  Well I had heard this conversation too but had to explain to Cody that they were just, Yo Momma jokes and that they really weren't about me but just to be funny.  It still took Cody a minute to understand because he kept saying but mom they are saying "your mom". Happy to know the kid has my back!  
I promised Cody at some point that once school got out we could go to the library twice a week since we don't really go during the school year.  Well it's been more like once a week but the kids are all having fun checking out book after book.  When we were there the other day I wanted to see if they had a book that I used to read and love as a kid.  I was so excited when they had it at our library and got to read it to the kids.
The Marvelous Mud Washing Machine 
Ryan got a lady bug kit for his birthday so over the last couple of week we have been watching the ladybugs go from their larvae to their pupa to their adult lady bug stages and it's been quite fascinating.  It was finally time to let them go so they could enjoy part of their life outdoors instead of in a plastic dome.  We chose our newly planted garden to let a few of them out.  Our garden is a little sad looking this year, with only a tomato, squash, zucchini, strawberry and raspberry planted.  Last year I didn't get anything from my garden besides bugs and my pumpkins didn't get ripe until after Halloween so I decided for simple this year! 
Ryan really enjoyed his ladybugs.  We hope to see them around since it said if you let them out in the morning they are more likely to stay in that area. 
Maybe these two will think the zucchini will make a great home. 
The other five of them were let out on my flowers in the front yard. 
My peonies are finally starting to bloom and are smelling so wonderful so we thought that was a perfect place for the others to live. 
Ryan got mad the other day at me and wrote this sign to hang on his door.  He did need a little help with some of the spelling.  Poor little guy it was hard not to laugh.  He did tell me though I could only come in at bedtime to read books and tuck him in. 
"No family in my room"
Thankfully Amanda came over tonight to help me hang my pictures so my living room can finally be finished.  Okay technically it's not completely finished because all the frames aren't painted white and they have to still be taped down to the wall so they don't move, but it's close.  It took forever to hang these exactly an inch apart, not to mention the few extra nail holes hiding behind the frames when I measured wrong the first time. Anyway I think it looks great and this room is coming together just as I wanted (and stole from an idea out of a magazine) 
One of my favorite additions to the room was this new print personalized for my family, I just love it! 
With not one camping trip last year we are excited to be getting out of town this weekend and enjoying the outdoors, the boys are so ready!

2 comments:

  1. I love all the little bits! It sounds like summer is off to a great start for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures of the kids are great! Crazy kids, but I sure love our crazies!!

    I love your living room, it's so bright and your new print is adorable.

    The library, we need to go ... maybe today.

    ReplyDelete