We headed back to Cascade this weekend to do a little camping with my parents and Matt,
the rest of the family was either working or had other plans.
The boys were even more excited to go this time and the weather was just perfect!
An early morning walk to take Ruby swimming
and to pick a bouquet of wild flowers.
The boys loved to go adventuring in this area.
They used this trusted "tool" that they found and named the compass stick to help them find their way.
How it works is: you throw it up in the air and whatever way it's pointing when it lands is the way you are supposed to go.
We headed to town to look around and ended up finding a used book store.
We went into the tiny store and started looking at the books. The kids books were ten for one dollar.
Right before we were ready to leave I gasped out loud when I found this book.
Remember how I just checked this book out at our library, it's one I remember reading as a kid, one that I thought the kids would like, one that is not sold anymore unless you look on amazon where the cheapest one is $99.99, one that I just paid ten cents for!
The Marvelous Mud Washing Machine
We also headed out on the lake to do a little boating,
and tubing
We all jumped off the back of the boat in the somewhat freezing water.
Ryan did too and I was so proud of him!
Uncle Matt and Heath wake boarded, it was Heath's first time but he did not look like this.
Uncle Matt taught the boys how to drive the boat and let them each have a turn.
They loved every minute of it and don't they look so good!
Ryan would of had a turn too but he fell asleep.
Luke caught his first fish. Yipee!
I wish I could of been there but Ryan and I stayed at the camper for the 6am fishing trip!
Cody was excited that Heath took him on a four wheeler ride and let him drive on his own down to the docks. Matt just bought a new four wheeler and brought up an ATV safety manual knowing that Cody would enjoy reading it. Sure enough he was right because when he first gave it to him Cody said, "Oh Thanks!" and went to the fire and started reading it, he even took the quiz's that were at the end of each chapter. He is a funny kid but at least he was more than prepared.
Each night we enjoyed our smores, good laughs and new memories by the fire.
We can't wait to go back but with the whole family!
Oh, I love that first picture and I am so excited that you found that book for 10 cents - what a treasure!! I am anxious to hear your spider story so I'll have to call you this week sometime.
ReplyDeleteYou got the post done, look at you!
ReplyDeleteI say you sell the book on amazon and make some money!
I'm going to start looking for that book at used stores so I can make some money!
Okay, can you tell I'm lonely and still sitting in a quiet house ... all three girls are still sleeping. I might just have to go wake them.
Happy 4th!