Oh Yeah, (insert clapping), Woo Hoo
is the first thing that a seven year old boy says when he walks into his bedroom to be surprised with a new pet lizard that he has been asking for but had no idea that he would be getting today.
Luke has been talking to us about wanting a lizard for awhile now (a lizard is the only thing that I would possibly consider out of the other pets that were on his want list such as (tarantulas, birds, and snakes), no thank you! Heath and I couldn't believe how patient Luke has been in waiting which is most of the reason why we decided that he could get one. He was so shocked when he first saw the leopard gecko that he didn't know what to do, he quickly came and gave us hugs, told us thank you and was wondering if he was dreaming. He held him right away and listened to everything we had to tell him. It didn't take but a few minutes before he asked if he could go and tell the girls and bolted to their house. Before I knew it the gang was back here to help Luke celebrate his new pet and they were all just as excited as he was.
So this little guy isn't 100% named yet but for now he is being called Desert. Luke is already in love with him (I guess as much as you can love a lizard) and has been feeding him crickets and handling him as much as we let him. I think he's going to take great care of him!
Even though this wouldn't be my choice of a great pet, how can I not be so happy for Luke when I see that big smile on his face.



Much fancier than the lizards I've seen at Swan Falls :) Luke does look happy, but my kids can't come play anymore. Just what I don't need is Nash begging me for a lizard!
ReplyDeleteI love his new little gecko friend too! And the girls they can't wait to come back over and play with him again. You might get sick of seeing us! ;o)
ReplyDeleteThat last picture is a keeper! What a fun memory for him!
ReplyDeleteSo fun! This reminds me of Amanda's pet gecko she had :)
ReplyDelete