Friday, December 9, 2011

the program

So I've been to Melton the Warm Hearted Snowman Christmas Program before,
I don't remember how many times that I've seen it but I've seen it enough.
It's put on by the Kindergartners and First Graders so next year might finally be my last time.
I feel bad that I wasn't too excited about it this year until I saw how excited Ryan was for me to watch him sing.  He would be my first kid to show any kind of excitement for either a program or for me being there to watch. Ryan even happily waved and smiled at me each time he saw me in the front row, I loved every second of that.  So the program started out and there was a lot of excitement and energy from the kids.

Ryan did his hand movements and sang along.
He then started getting a little bored, I didn't blame him I did too.
 Then he started playing with his tie.
When that wasn't enough, he started wrapping his tie around his neck. 
He then quit singing all together and just started making faces.
Totally not appropriate but he was so entertaining to me! 
 After the program I wanted to get a picture of Ryan and Ashlynn. They both looked so cute dressed up for their big day. Another little girl even told Ryan that she wanted him to be her husband and he said, no way!
I then took a picture of Amanda and Ashlynn. Girls are so different than boys for pictures, Ashlynn walked right up, stood next to her mom and smiled for the picture.
Ryan on the other hand, first started by being silly
and walked right up to the camera for a close up
he then turned around and ran to me jumping into my arms when I wasn't expecting it 
he of course doesn't let go
 and he pulls me over with him
 until I let go and he drops
and then finally we get our picture together.
That's a lot of work for one picture,
but I guess he's worth it.

1 comment:

  1. I love how pictures can capture a moment in time. I wont forget that Melton program, Ryan was fun to watch. And the pictures afterwards ... hilarious, I'm glad I just kept snapping away. Maybe next year we'll get lucky and one of our kids will be Melton. ;o)

    ReplyDelete