I don't know if it was the time change, Heath being gone fishing, the full moon, the gloomy weather, too many to-do's but it's been a long few days and I've been in a funk.
Thankfully today was a good day though. I feel like myself again and life is back to normal.
A quick little catch up.
Heath left Saturday to go steelhead fishing for five days, it was supposed to be six but since the fishing was slow he is coming home a day early. Of course all of a sudden the fishing turned around and they had a great afternoon fishing today so it will be late tomorrow now when we see him.
The boys had fun celebrating Ruby turning five with a bone and a jar of of chicken and gravy baby food they couldn't believe how well she could lick the jar clean, the baby food was leftover from Desert who doesn't seem to really like the taste.
The boys had fun celebrating Ruby turning five with a bone and a jar of of chicken and gravy baby food they couldn't believe how well she could lick the jar clean, the baby food was leftover from Desert who doesn't seem to really like the taste.
Cody finished up with his last basketball game on Saturday. All season Cody didn't get his hands on the ball that often so the coach tried so hard for him to have as many chances as possible to shoot the ball. She had a new inbound play called "stack special" where Cody would get the ball under the basket for a shot but it just never happened. He worked so hard at it but sometimes would have a tough time losing the guy guarding him, one time he even ran out of bounds then ran back in just trying to lose the kid. He had a great season though and loved everything about the game and I never once heard him complain.
The older boys had a birthday party to go to Saturday so Ryan and I got to hang out together at the house. Since the weather was nice we went outside and I worked in my flower beds and when I found a caterpillar Ryan was thrilled, he loved his new 'calipitter' friend for the rest of the day.
With the time change we were in a bit of a rush to get out the door so I didn't exactly notice what everyone was wearing to church. The kids love to try and sit as close to the front as possible (me not so much) and Cody insists on always sitting on the end of the pew right next to the aisle so he can see everything. As church started and I looked over at Cody I see that he is wearing pants with a hole in the knee and as I look a little closer I see that there are grass stains and dirt or food stains on his pants too, I leaned over and asked if he had gotten the pants out of the dirty clothes and of course the answer was yes. So between that and Luke thinking he only needs to shower only on the weekends we have a few things to work on around here.
The older boys had a birthday party to go to Saturday so Ryan and I got to hang out together at the house. Since the weather was nice we went outside and I worked in my flower beds and when I found a caterpillar Ryan was thrilled, he loved his new 'calipitter' friend for the rest of the day.
With the time change we were in a bit of a rush to get out the door so I didn't exactly notice what everyone was wearing to church. The kids love to try and sit as close to the front as possible (me not so much) and Cody insists on always sitting on the end of the pew right next to the aisle so he can see everything. As church started and I looked over at Cody I see that he is wearing pants with a hole in the knee and as I look a little closer I see that there are grass stains and dirt or food stains on his pants too, I leaned over and asked if he had gotten the pants out of the dirty clothes and of course the answer was yes. So between that and Luke thinking he only needs to shower only on the weekends we have a few things to work on around here.
After church we headed to Matt and Summers. We hadn't seen the baby's room yet so it was a good excuse for a visit, plus the kids were entertained by Uncle Matt's big kite and we got a lunch out of the deal so it was a win-win-win for us! The boys loved checking out all of the baby stuff especially the fancy baby monitor with the video screen, boy have things changed a lot since I had my babies! Luke whispered to me during church that he couldn't wait for Kimberly to get here because she was going to be so much fun, I agree buddy.
After getting a call from my Aunt today thinking she was maybe on her way over for a visit (which thankfully she wasn't, I only say that because with Heath being gone and me being in my funk you can only imagine what the house was starting to look like), I finally kicked it into gear and got some things done today. Now I feel a whole lot better about the rest of my week, (so you're welcome to come and visit now Aunt Sandi). To have a little fun with the kids today I brought out some cry babies for the kids to chew on which made for some funny faces and some much needed laughing, Luke is one tough kid I tell you he didn't even flinch.
Happy days are back!

We've been in the same kind of funk over here. I'm ready for it to pass. I think some sunshine would help!
ReplyDeleteHope your week is getting bette
r!
ReplyDelete(i'm not sure what happened but it all of a sudden published before I was done :))