Monday, March 5, 2012

three highlights

When I knew that Luke's class was going on a field trip to watch a part of the Cinderella play being put on by the high school I read the boys my old childhood book to get them a little familiar with the story.  I had no idea that Luke would enjoy the play that much so I made plans with Amanda to take the kids on Friday so we could see the whole thing.  Cody had a birthday party so it was just Luke, Ryan & myself and Amanda & the girls for the night out.  All of the kids loved it, Ryan got a little tired and was a bit confused because the play didn't follow the book exactly and he would ask me what 'your highness' meant and told me it sounded like your hinney. I guess with three boys we didn't watch too many princess movies around here.  We had a great night together with friends and I love that the kids got to experience something new and just look how cute they were all dressed up.
Saturday Cody had his second to last basketball game for the season.  My sister, Hailey, Tucker and his girlfriend came to cheer on our #2 player.  The teams were evenly matched so it made it much more enjoyable to watch, unlike some of the past games where it was obvious that we were the underdogs.  Cody seems to really enjoy basketball and always says how much he loves it even though if given the choice he would never just go outside to shoot some hoops and practice, he is just so laid back.  This was the first time that the boys have been around Tucker and his girlfriend so they had no idea how to act, it was so funny to watch.  They think Tucker is the coolest cousin ever and would normally be all over him but with his girlfriend  around they were for sure going to keep their distance. Thanks everyone for coming to support Cody, he always loves having fans in the stands.
 Sunday Cody and Luke had their first reconciliation at church along with their religious ed class.  This is where they go and talk with a priest individually to confess and repent of their sins.  The boys didn't seem nervous or anxious at all, Luke informed us the night before that if he had to confess all of his sins he was going to be in there for a really long time. On our way home from church I had asked the boys how it went and  Cody didn't really have much to say  but Luke said that he loved it and wanted to go every week and if he couldn't do that then at least once a month, what a funny kid.  I'm glad it was such a good experience for them and it's always a good reminder for us all that we should forgive others just as easy as He forgives us.

1 comment:

  1. I am with Ryan - it does sound like your hinney!
    Aunt Shelley

    ReplyDelete