Saturday, July 21, 2012

a little glimpse

into our week
It only took us six years but we finally got our patio cover, we are all enjoying it (Ruby too)
The boys started swimming lessons at yet another new place, I am really liking this one
We've stopped for sno cones twice after swimming lessons this week such a refreshing treat
I made lemon oatmeal bars, yummy
I also made four batches of strawberry jam, why I only make it in the summer I don't know because the family loves it.
 Cody's mind is always thinking about something so it's no wonder that he can fall asleep anywhere, including down at the pool, I think he wears himself out
Just like my dad and brother the boys are always crossing their legs like this
One of Cody's most recent ideas is to create a magazine with his brothers and the girls, he thought he needed to get some advice from a professional so all on his own he wrote an email to the editor of the Highlights magazine, I had to laugh when he signed the email: 
Sincerely Cody "for children are the world's most important people"
Cody also asked us to sign him up for his own wiki how account this week his first article that he wrote was 
"How to get a yes or no answer from your dog" and his second "How to be a Halo master"
 he also received a "thumbs up" email from wiki how for editing someone's article when they spelled the word sync wrong
Cody will read absolutely anything and everything so far this week it's been the Saturn's car owner manual that he found in the glove box, the back of the sunscreen bottles down at the pool and the back of all of the cleaners when Ryan and him were cleaning bathrooms 
Love this boy
Luke is my only kid who cares about his hair and how it looks, (even while he is at swimming lessons), one of the mom's commented to me, "boy he sure does love his hair" when she saw him run his fingers through it to spike it up after coming up for each one of his twenty bob's in the water
Luke loves to draw so sometime during the day he always heads up to his room and draws at his desk, it's his quiet time
Luke loves loves loves my strawberry jam
The first day I made it he ate six pieces of toast throughout the day, the second day he had four pieces just for breakfast and since then it has been three pieces a day
 Luke also was quite brave jumping off the big rock at swimming lessons 
Love this boy
Ryan earned his second badge this week in karate, this was his strong stance badge and he was so happy
He's also been busy reading this week (notice the crossed legs?)
Even though Ryan loves the strawberry jam he still prefers blueberry jam and likes to make his PB & J sandwiches.  Do you know that he eats one of these for breakfast and lunch on most days, crazy kid.
Ryan also loves to run around in his underwear, his favorite pair these days are the ones he tie dyed this summer
He also loves a little sour cream with his baked potatoes and even though he always has food all over his face when he eats he asks me every time when we leave the house, "is my face clean mom?" he doesn't want to leave with a dirty face
Ryan has also been talking about death some and the other day he said to me, 
"Mom don't worry I will still love you when you die" which of course I thanked him for and then he panicked all of a sudden and said, "WAIT! Does this mean that I will be the last one to die?" (thinking that you die in order of your age) but then with a relieved look he said, "Oh no Ruby is only five so I won't be last."
Love this boy

And to think that all of  these memories were made just in this one week.

No comments:

Post a Comment