Saturday, September 8, 2012

bighearted

Cody is such a sweet boy
he has such a big heart
He's been saving up all of his allowance money
to buy something special
he just doesn't know what yet because
the list of things he wants is constantly changing
and he talks about it all of the time
Heath and I were doing our laundry and found some money
left in some of Heath's shorts pockets
It was three dollars
We thought it would be fun to hide it somewhere on Cody's desk
so when he found it 
he would be so surprised and excited 
Who doesn't want to find money they didn't even know they had?
Well a day and a half later he did find it
it was right before bed
and he said
"Hey, what is this money?"
"Where did it come from?"
"I don't remember having three dollars, it must not be mine."
"Luke is this your money?"
"Well I don't think it's mine so I'm going to share it with my brothers
and give them each a dollar too."
Heath and I just looked at each other and smiled
our plan totally backfired 
Cody didn't even think twice about keeping it all for himself
which he so easily could have but
his first thought was to share with his brothers
The boys are all really sweet like this
doing this kind of thing and
watching out for each other
I love that
It makes us proud

2 comments: