Monday, October 8, 2012

the weeks wrap up

our week looked a little something like this
Heath at union meetings
waiting to see if they will be going on strike
it's a day to day thing right now
I read these two books
both really good
I only wish they wouldn't of ended so quickly
there is always more to the story that I want to know 
setting out fall and halloween decorations
the kids aren't sure on costumes yet
right now it's looking like a soldier and zombies
 the leaves are starting to change colors now
everything is looking so beautiful
I sent a letter to my surrogate grandma Elva,  a friend to my grandparents
I call her my surrogate since all of my grandparents have passed
since my grandma died we've been writing back and forth
Saturday was my grandpa's 96th birthday
maybe there was a little celebration for him up in heaven
the weather was so beautiful at the beginning of the week
and then it cooled off a little
but that didn't stop these two from spending time outside
swinging, playing basketball, and tossing a football around
they've been playing together a lot
it's nice
the kids were out of school on thursday and friday 
so we had a long weekend together
we went to some thrift stores trying to look for costume parts and pieces
but didn't find any 
I couldn't believe it though when I found this
a toy/calculator I had as a kid
I love the memories it brings back
once I saw these treats I had to make them for Ryan
since a PB & J sandwich is part of his diet
morning, noon or night  
 the kids were not looking forward to flu shots 
so I sent a note in their lunch saying
"ice cream with mom and dad after school"
little did they know flu shots would be happening first
we let the kids pick the order of how they wanted to do it
Ryan said he would go first because he just wanted to get it over with (smart kid),
Cody didn't care when he went so he went second
Luke insisted that he went third even though I told him the waiting was the worst part (he had himself completely freaked out by the time it was his turn, it was a little bit funny)
the really funny thing was that you had to be seven years old there for a flu shot so we had to take Ryan (my brave boy) to the doctors where he was just given the flu mist 
of course Luke was not happy about that and didn't think it was fair at all
 this kid has been talking non stop (even more so than usual)
about his up and coming birthday
he already is trying to figure out what to spend
his birthday money and gift cards on
and he hasn't even gotten them yet
this could turn out to be a very long month
for us all 
happy october!

1 comment:

  1. I loved Tawnya's wise owl calculator! I would always sneek into her room and take it :)

    ReplyDelete