Sunday, April 21, 2013

Hallelujah!

It's finished!
We survived the last few weeks of life around here,
it was a lot of hard work
and I'm one that doesn't mind a little work
 but there were a few days that I was wondering if we would even make it
but thankfully we did.
If we weren't at work or running the kids to a practice or a game
then you could find Heath and I at the house
painting two bedrooms
ripping out the carpet and padding
in four bedrooms, two living rooms, and the hallway and stairs
pulling out all the staples
vacuuming all the rooms with the shop vac
scuffing, cleaning, taping off and painting all baseboards that touched carpet
and
moving furniture
we worked non stop every single day until it was done.
It was such a sweet surprise when our favorite neighbors showed up the day before the carpet was getting installed to help move the last of the furniture and clean up the kitchen, Amanda offered to clean bathrooms but there was no way that I was going to let her do that (I wanted to keep her as a friend after all.)
And then my wonderful mom came over to help us put the house back together and ordered dinner for us,
it was a great way to celebrate the ending of our big project.
So now that our new carpet is in 
life has slowed back down
and we can get back to some normal days around here.

So the other thing that has changed around here is that I now have a job.
I'm working (actually getting paid this time) at the kids' school
as a para helping out the Kindergarten, First and Second grade kids 
that might need a little extra help.
It's only 20 hours a week but it's a perfect job for me right now
having the same schedule as the kids and being right there with them 
I couldn't ask for anything more.
I wasn't really looking for a job right now but it all just kind of happened really fast
which is probably a good thing because if I had too much time to think about it
I probably would of freaked myself out.
It's so strange saying that I have a job right now
after being a stay at home mom for over eleven years
lucky me I only have six more weeks of work and then I'm off for the summer
and from there we will see what happens for next year with my job.

Looking forward to a very normal, hopefully boring week around here.

2 comments:

  1. Where are pictures of your house? I am looking forward to seeing all the work you guys did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto from me! Sounds exhausting. Glad it is done.

    ReplyDelete