Tuesday, May 21, 2013

one month later...

I've been gone awhile so maybe I should introduce myself again to everyone.
It's me, Melissa
and I'm so thankful that life is starting to get back to normal,
I really like normal.
So it's obvious that I have not done well with the changes that have happened recently.
All great changes but it's not easy going from la de da doing whatever I want when I want
to having to manage my time, plan way ahead and run errands on the weekend
I hate running errands on the weekend
All of this right at the same time life is the craziest 
with sports, school, holidays, birthdays, home projects and going back to work.
I know this is just normal stuff people do everyday 
work, take care of a home and juggle being a parent
but all of this stuff going on at once was a bit overwhelming for me at times.
With that all said, I'm happy that the school year is coming to an end
and hopefully if I get to work again next year I will have myself a little bit more prepared.
So a little catch up is in order...
Our new carpet is in and we love it, it feels so good on our feet.
But with new carpet comes having to redecorate some of the rooms 
why,  I don't really know but it's sure causing me a lot of work
I think I'm going to really love the rooms when it's all said and done though.
I like my job.
The kids are of course my favorite part, 
some of the challenging kids or the super shy are some of my favorite.
One sweet little boy picked me dandelions on recess 
while another asked me if I just farted while walking down the hall next to him
I never know what I'm going to get day to day.
I've even done a little subbing, which isn't my favorite thing
but have taught 4th grade, been the PE teacher and tomorrow will be the music teacher
which really is just hilarious so we will see how it goes.
Sports are wrapping up this month for us, thank goodness.
Luke finished up flag football and came a long ways.  He started out a little intimidated and unsure
but ended up being the most improved player and gaining a lot of confidence.  In the fall he will be playing tackle football so I'm sure we will be starting from square one with him once again on his confidence. This poor kid has anxiety about everything and has started having sleeping problems so it hasn't been fun.
Ryan will be finishing up karate this month and then we are taking a break over the summer.  He still loves it but I'm just not a fan of having to pay for year round sports, this momma and her checkbook needs a break.
We celebrated a nice Mother's Day in Emmett this year with the family,
everyone that is except Tucker.  We don't even know who he is anymore, he is so busy with work and his days off rotate through the week so we never get to see him.  I haven't seen him since Christmas!
I do love being a mother to these three boys!
 Even when they are being like typical boys and are gross and disgusting, I love being their mom
and sometimes I can't help but laugh even at the disgusting stuff.
For instance,
when my oldest son tells me he is going to try really hard to get in the habit of changing his underwear everyday.  My response, you don't already do that?  Gross.
when my youngest son comes out of the bathroom after a long time and shows me a grenade he made out of an empty toilet paper roll stuffed with toilet paper, apparently we had run out of toilet paper so he had to stuff it with some clean and some already used toilet paper.  My response, throw that away and go wash your hands.
No matter what though I love them and am thankful for each of these days.  Most of them anyway.

 Right now we are looking forward to our first camping trip of the year over the long weekend
and finishing up school and work next week.
I can't wait for some long hot summer days.
Thanks for coming back and visiting me.



2 comments:

  1. Great to have you back, dear!
    Aunt Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone is almost as bad as I am on their blog...haha! I finally posted an update yesterday. Maybe I will be back into the blogging?! I hope you enjoy this next week and then prepare yourself for some relaxation! :)

    Love,
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete