Yesterday we celebrated the family January birthdays at our house. It was fun having everyone together again (minus Jim) without all the craziness of the holidays around us, it was a really relaxing and enjoyable day. After lunch and presents we thought that we would change it up a little and add a game to the party. What could be better than a pinata, but we didn't stick to the traditional way of playing (I stole the idea from my friend Krista), we did it Karate Kid style and had to kick the pinata instead and still be blindfolded. I knew this would lead to many hilarious photos and leave us laughing hysterically... I couldn't wait! Only a couple of us knew about it and we tried to be a little creative so besides candy and packs of gum we enlisted my dad to buy some lottery scratch off tickets and throw in some loose change so everyone could have a little fun.
Note to self: A pinata can only handle so much weight!
After Luke got his first birthday kick in on the pinata, it came crashing down leaving behind a huge hole in the top and that was the end of the pinata....no hilarious photos....no laughing hysterically, me standing there in shock and what just happened. Nobody seemed to mind though, the kids went crazy collecting their loot and the party continued.
This is only the beginning of the parties for Luke. He still gets to open presents from us on his actual birthday and then still have a friends party!
The boys always help each other open the gifts and love to check out the new toys that they soon will be playing with too. It's all about bionicles with Luke, he was dying to add this one to his collection.
A big present is on it's way in....what could it be?
A new bike from Grammy and Papa.. of course it's his favorite color green.
The birthday crew Heath turning 35 (on the 24th), Luke turning 6 (on the 29th) and my sister already 37 (on the 12th)
Let the fun begin
Good bye pinata
Seriously?! Man, I am so bummed. I couldn't wait for this post and the hilarious pictures. Next time have a roll of duct tape on hand! Sounds like a fun party anyway. Did you get a new camera - the pictures look different...
ReplyDeleteThat sounds hilarious! And I do think those pictures of Luke are pretty funny! It does make for a good story though :)
ReplyDeleteWhy am I still suprised at how much our boys are alike? The middle one loving green is what did it this time :)