Saturday, January 16, 2010

Game Night

Last night we hit the town to watch an Idaho Stampede basketball game. Heath got tickets from work to sit in the Qwest Suites so we thought we would make a fun family night out of it. The kids weren't all that thrilled to begin with but knew that they would be getting snacks at the game so it wasn't going to be all that bad. It's obvious that we need to get the boys out more because when they saw all the big buildings down town they thought that it looked like we were in New York City! We had a fun time at the game, enjoyed the expensive snacks and the kids even learned a little bit about the game, all in all .....a good night!
Ryan enjoying his dippin dots

Luke managed to make a huge mess (like always) with the popcorn
My new super cute boots that I got for Christmas. I realized these boots weren't made for walking!
The boys entertained themselves with this until the not so kid friendly lady came over and told them to stop and waited with her arms folded until they all sat back down. Ryan just looked at her and smiled and kept playing so I had to go rescue him.
Cody and his favorite shirt, it says...
If you can read this you are in my way...Seriously, I'm gonna need you to move over a little.
A little of what the kids have been saying lately...
Ryan was learning about the letter J in school this week and they read the story about Jack and the Beanstalk. He could never remember how to say it so usually he said something like, Back and the JeanJack.
Luke got his own snack the other day and when I saw it I just had to laugh. He made his own trail mix that consisted of chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and butterscotch chips!
Cody's new thing since Christmas break is movie ratings and what the letters stand for and what they all mean. One day he asked me what skee fee was and when I had no idea what he was talking about I told him to spell it (sci-fi) so that is where it all began. Now whenever we rent a movie that is the first thing he looks at and if a preview for a movie comes on TV he pauses it so he can read the full rating. He has asked me what everything means, so I have had to explain in a kid-friendly way what sexual content, nudity, sensuality, course language and so on all mean. When we watched Wolverine the other night he read that it had partial nudity on it and when he saw Wolverine without a shirt on, he said "Oh that must be why they said partial nudity."
When Cody got home from school on Friday he informed me that I had forgotten his homework folder (oops) and I had also forgotten to give him a quarter for popcorn Friday (double oops). He said it was okay because he was still able to get popcorn when I asked how, he told me this. He said that when he was in Jason's (Abigail's dad) car on the way to school he saw a quarter on the floor and thought to himself, "this might just come in handy" so he put it in his pocket without saying anything or even asking if he could have it. Now we owe them a popcorn.

1 comment:

  1. The game food looks good!
    I'm surprised Cody found a quater in our car, I thought all loose change had been put in the gumball machine.

    ReplyDelete