Tuesday, February 16, 2010

the long weekend

With the kids being out of school Thursday, Friday and Monday I was really looking forward to the long weekend, some time just to hang out and do whatever. It didn't turn out quite like I was hoping, Luke woke up with the flu Friday morning, Ryan was at the doctors Saturday morning with an ear infection, just took Cody and Luke to the doctors this morning and they both have ear infections too. Ugh!
It wasn't a total loss though we did enjoy a really nice family day together on Valentines Day. The kids woke up excited to see the table all decorated for Valentines with candies and their own Alvin and the Chipmunks stuffed animal (Cody-Simon, Luke-Alvin and Ryan-Theodore). They also got the Alvin and the Chipmunks CD which they spent a lot of time dancing to in their bedroom, no parents allowed. After a nice breakfast we headed to town and the kids got to spend their Valentine's money from Grammy and Papa. The kids enjoyed the afternoon playing and building with their new toys until their cousins arrived. The plan was to have Hailey and Tucker come over to watch the boys while Heath and I went out to dinner and a movie. We changed plans though, the kids still came over, Heath made his dad's chicken soup for dinner instead, I made a cheesecake for dessert and we spent the evening playing basketball with friends at the school playground. Has it really been 17 years since I played basketball in high school? The day was a success though just being with the ones that we love!

3 comments:

  1. Ah man, that stinks! I am glad you were still able to find some fun in the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck! Are they feeling better now?
    I'm glad you still had a fun family day on Valentine's Day though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really, it stinks when we have 5 days off and the kids can't play. Glad they got to run around on Sunday, thanks for inviting us!

    ReplyDelete