With no school on Friday we were looking forward to a long weekend. In the early morning hours on Thursday I didn't think that was going to be the case when Luke woke up sick once again. Heath took the day off work to help get Ryan to and from preschool (it was his share day and I hated to have him miss it) along with running all of the errands while I stayed home and took care of Luke and disinfected the house. Thankfully no one else got sick but a few fun things like taking a great friend out to a birthday dinner and spending the day with my mom had to be cancelled. By Friday Luke was doing good and we got to enjoy three days with the most perfect weather. The kids absolutely were loving it and spent so much time outside playing, I was right there with them soaking up the sun. It was a great weekend to get the spring cleaning started, Heath got the vehicles and garage all cleaned up, I worked in my flower beds, the kids just did a little bit of everything and Ruby was in heaven with us being outside with her all day long.
Sunday was my favorite day of all.
- we headed over to Emmett early for church
- the boys, Heath and my dad had breakfast at McDonald's while
- me and my mom joined Matt and Summer for breakfast at a restaurant (Matt's treat, thanks!)
- spent the rest of the day at my parents house
- the little boys played all day long, running around outside, helping collect pine cones, riding the motorcycle, playing with the neighbor boy, games on the wii, building with lincoln logs, hanging out with the family
- I worked on a special project for a special someone
- the big boys worked outside on building shelves and fixing a lawn mower
- my mom treated us to one of my favorite dinners (roast, mashed potatoes & gravy, and green beans) so good, thanks!
- the sunshine and being with the family just made for a relaxing day
Really I loved this weekend...
Ryan and Aunt Summer sitting out in the pasture brushing Daisy and just talking.
One picture, where's the rest?
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great day! The next sunny weekend we have to get the kids together.
It was a wonderfully sunny weekend! Too bad my boys were having tummy troubles so we didn't stray too far from the bathroom. I was a little disappointed but we do have 3 weeks off starting next week and there's bound to be some days as great as your weekend was. :)
ReplyDelete