Friday, September 24, 2010

good as new

School playgrounds can be rough.
This isn't how I planned on starting the weekend with a call from the school.
Luke and another boy accidentally ran into each other on the playground.
The other boy was fine but Luke had a deep open cut above his eye.
He didn't know what to do so he went to the office and asked for a band-aid.
Once they looked at him they knew it would need more than that.
Leaving the school Luke was so scared because he heard the school nurse mention the word stitches to me.
When Luke is scared he just goes into a zone, he doesn't want to talk, be touched or be comforted; just left alone.
Once at the doctors office he started to come around a little more and talk with us.
He was still nervous not knowing what all was going to happen but we said a prayer and sent out a text so others would be thinking of him too.
He handled everything so good and was so brave.
I was right by his side the whole time while they cleaned it, numbed it with shots (ouch!) and stitched him up.
I handled it well too, better than I ever thought I would.
I think I go into a zone too, knowing that I have to be strong for him.
During all of this Ryan was by my side asking a million questions worried for his brother and Cody was studying the escape route on the door just in case of an emergency he would know which way to get us out.
Five stitches later we were ready to go.
Luke asked for Dairy Queen for his treat because it's not everyday that you get stitches (he's the first of the boys).
Now that we are home I can honestly say that everything is back to normal,
Luke is already back to being....well Luke!

the pictures are just from my cell phone so not the best.

When talking to my sister she reminded me how much alike Luke and Tucker are in everything, we all know how accident prone Tucker is so I hope this isn't just the beginning for us!
Also come mid October Luke will be having surgery on his stye. Since it's not going away with the antibiotics and ointments and it's been 4 months they are going to have to go in and surgically remove it.
On a funny note:
When picking up Ryan today from preschool he was all into rhyming all the kids names, Matthew Patthew, Gavin Favin and then he told Miss Michelle he could rhyme her name
Miss Michelle Hell (that kid, I never know what will come out of his mouth).

3 comments:

  1. I know this post is about Luke, but Miss Michelle Hell?!?! ha ha ha ha ha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, your boys crack me up! I'm glad Luke is okay, hope it's not the first of many.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would not be fun to get that call from school although I better prepare myself because I am almost certain I will get a few once a certain little boy is in school :) Glad Luke was ok!!

    ReplyDelete