Friday, September 3, 2010

The Weeks Wrap

Our first week of school is almost over and we survived it.

Luke made it back to school Wednesday wearing these new totally bright shoes.
I promised him that he would learn how to tie shoes before first grade, so I showed him
over the weekend and he learned it right away, he was very proud of himself.
He has still been a little nervous each morning but comes home with nothing but good things to talk about from his day.

Cody told me that something weird happened in the lunchroom yesterday,
"the girls and boys were sitting together and not because the teacher told them to".

He also told me that when he went to eat his cottage cheese for lunch (which my boys love) all the kids thought it looked like barf, so he wasn't able to eat it because that's all that he could think of then.

Cody's teacher picked him to be a "bee catcher" one day and it was up to him to hand out a busy bee award to someone that was being helpful. Instead of just finding someone to give it to, he decided that he would need to come up with a plan.
The plan was to purposefully knock off his tool box from his desk but make it look like it was just an accident and whoever helped him pick everything up would win the award.
I guess it worked out because the girl sitting next to him helped him pick everything up and won the award.

This is the first year that Ryan is home alone without any brothers to play with. Last year even though Luke was in school some days, Ryan had preschool those same days so on their home days they would have each other. Now that Cody and Luke are both gone all day, everyday, it's been a lot harder on Ryan. Ryan relys on me now to be his buddy (which I love) but just can't do it all day long so he is never completely happy and I always feel guilty. He follows me through the house constantly yelling MOM and talking nonstop, let me just tell you this kid can talk!

Things will get better next week when Ryan gets to start preschool again, he is so excited he can hardly stand it. I'm also needing some kind of routine because I am getting nothing accomplished each day, I'm so paying for those late nights and lazy summer mornings now.

We are all looking forward to the long Labor Day weekend that will be spent with friends & family.

2 comments:

  1. What happened to Five on Friday?

    Great post! I love Luke's new shoes, so cool! Kinda makes me feel bad that I didn't buy Abigail the high tops she wanted but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

    Cody and his many stories crack me up and anytime Ryan needs a buddy just call, Ash would love to play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new shoes! Carson really wants to learn to tie his too.
    Cody's stories are so funny! Garrett told us at dinner last night that some girls were chasing him and his friends and he liked it - YIKES!

    ReplyDelete