Friday, November 12, 2010

thoughts on friday

It was another rough start to the week but that was all caused by this stupid time change.
Whoever says that you gain an hour is just crazy! It really just means that my kids are getting up at five instead of six now, which leads to a moody bad attitude Luke, which leads to middle of the day naps for Ryan, which leads to late nights for Heath and I staying up with him, which leads to exhaustion and cranky parents.

My blog has been slow this month but I guess after the month we had in October that is something I should be thankful for, (no planned surgeries or unexpected ones, no quick trips to the doctor for stitches). So very thankful I am!

We are getting ready to send a care package to a special girl that won't make it home for Thanksgiving this year. A little something to help her stay warm for the holidays.

Saturday we are doing a community service project as a family, which I think will be a great experience for the boys. We have been talking about how we can serve others lately because the boys are stuck in the thinking that they want to do something only if it benefits them. So that made me want to start something else with them to get their thinking in the right place. Now whenever I see them serving someone else they will get to add a jingle bell to a jar which will represent a dollar to spend on a needy family this Christmas. Hopefully we will get a full jar.

We started watching Christmas movies this week which we usually wait until after Thanksgiving to do but since our movie collection has grown so much we had ran out of time last year. With the weather getting colder it has made for some perfect movie nights being cuddled up in the warm house.

The boys just have one more week of school and then they are off for a full week for Thanksgiving. We are all looking forward to that!

Guess I don't have that many thoughts for Friday...

One of Ryan's lovely naps this week.

2 comments:

  1. I love that idea of the bell in the jar! I want serving others to be part of normal life for my kids.
    I hope your sleeping schedule returns to normal soon. Sleep deprivation stinks for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the jar idea too! I'm going to have to think of some service projects for the girls and I to do.

    Stinkin' time change ... Ash has to stop taking naps during the day. Cute pic of Ryan he looks so big in that picture.

    ReplyDelete