Saturday, March 5, 2011

not your ordinary day...

Today was not a normal day for many reasons.
First of all, Cody and Luke were invited to a birthday party, a party that lasted all day long.
I am not used to the boys being gone all day (besides for school) under someone else's care,
it makes me a little nervous. I'm working on that though, letting go (a little bit) and having the boys become more independent...it's hard I want them with me.
That left me with two adorable guys to go on a double date with.
It feels so weird going out with only one kid but I can't say that it was any quieter, Ryan is loud and even though he had all of the attention, he still seemed to whine and complain a lot.
We did a little shopping, a baseball glove for Luke, work pants & fishing hooks for Heath, and a surprise toy for Ryan.
We went out to lunch which felt really strange with just three of us sitting in a booth.
Ryan and Heath put together his new toy while we waited for our food and I took a few pictures.

After lunch we headed to Nampa to watch Tucker play in the state championship basketball game for Division 2.
Hailey in the stands cheering on her big brother.

our favorite player #40

It was so intense, we were just sitting on the edge of our seats, not breathing.
We were up by one when we fouled with .5 seconds left on the clock, they didn't make the shot.
So with the final score 31 to 30.....WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
sing it....we are the champions, we are the champions...

It was so exciting!

Tucker's athletic supporters
Ryan did great watching the game, his favorite part was keeping track of the score!
He ran right up to give Tucker a big hug, he loves his big cousin.
the proud mama!
See, not your ordinary day at all!

3 comments:

  1. See Miss you can do it! I'm sure the boys had a great time and what a nice day you had. It was awesome to see the Melba boys win and become the State Champs. Tucker you played with your heart...we could see it! With the McMullen boys...Papa and I are going to be going to games for along time...we LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pictures, glad you captured that moment.i love a close game, how exciting!

    And down to one kid, I'm glad to hear the older boys had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the picture of Ryan and Tucker, Ryan's face is priceless! It cracks me up everytime I look at this post! :D

    ReplyDelete