I don't know what for sure I did to this kid but I swear he is out to get me.
Let me set the scene...
Luke had a play date after school today with one of his best friends named Luke.
They went to preschool together and since they don't live in the same town
and life is crazy busy they only see each other probably twice a year.
They were so excited to see each other today, especially since Luke will soon
be moving away for two years. It's a special friendship that they have!
So on the way home I am talking with Luke about the play date and how everything went.
I ask him about eating dinner and he said that he ate good for them because it
would be rude not too. (Why can't he just do that for me then?)
He then tells me that they had water with dinner so he asked the parents,
"Do you have anything else besides water to drink, like alcohol or beer or something?"
WHAT?
ARE YOU KIDDING ME, YOU REALLY ASKED FOR THAT?
I can't even believe this.
What on Earth would possess him to say something like that?
I have to call the mother to find out if this really happened.
Sure enough, it did!
She just laughed and couldn't believe that he kept such a straight face while asking for it.
Thankfully she already knew that our kids do not consume alcohol beverages
while eating their meals or ever for that matter.
She did say that he redeemed himself during the prayer though.
She asked her Luke to say the blessing and he was a little shy to say it in front
of my Luke and said he didn't know what to say and my Luke said,
"That's easy, you start with Heavenly Father and you end it with Amen."
Good thing I love this kid!

Okay, I finally picked myself up off the floor to be able to compose this. OMG!! We all have that one kid that marches to their own drum. I'm thinking you have to proceed with caution when you let this kid out of the house. On the up side, you could make money off this kid, Readers Digest, Out of the Mouth of Babes??? Might as well profit from your embarrassment. Thank you Luke for giving us a chance to laugh out loud....
ReplyDeleteHA HA HA HA! That is the best!
ReplyDelete