Thursday, May 5, 2011

bits and pieces

Life is good around here, just a few of the bits and pieces of what's been happening.
Cody and Luke only have seventeen days of school left and Ryan only has
seven days of preschool left which is all so hard to believe.  It was somewhat bittersweet 
writing my last preschool check yesterday after paying for six years straight.
The boys still love school but I think we will all be ready for the summer break.
Ryan had a field trip to the zoo with his preschool friends.  Thankfully it was a beautiful day and the kids
got to have some fun.  Ryan insisted on holding hands with his buddy Gavin all through the zoo.
I received an email from Luke's teacher this week titled Amazing telling me that Luke is a great leader,
sets a good example for others and continues to do what is right.  She also said that he is one of the best
poets she's had and a total math guy, so we are proud of Luke.
Over the weekend we went to one of Tucker's baseball games and what a game we picked to go to.
Tucker had an awesome game so it was very exciting.  He made some great catches out in center field, struck out a few while pitching, hit one home run and one triple and missed a second home run by just inches, not to mention how fast this kid can run is incredible to watch!
We also spent Sunday at my sisters house while Heath and Jim worked on Tucker's truck.
Heath was telling Cody that in a couple of years we would be buying a truck to fix up and rebuild for him to drive in a few years.  Cody decided that he would rather have a sports car so Heath suggested an old muscle car instead then Cody suggested for it to have gull-wing doors (like on the Back to the Future car).  Then Heath told Luke a few years after that we would do the same for him and Luke said that he wanted a mini van with sliding doors (ever since we rented a van for our trip to Yellowstone last year Luke can't get over how cool they are)!  Of course Heath told Ryan the same thing but then he got a little crazy requesting a tank or an Apache helicopter!
So a couple of repeats that you've heard me say before are happening again but for real this time.
I'm going to start painting the kitchen and living rooms today and going with the colors Stone Gray and Fairmont Penthouse Stone.  Heath sold his motorcycle (his choice not mine) so we were able to start doing some redecorating, we've already bought some new furniture and are trying to piece together the rest with a little new and still using what we have.  I'm really excited to see how it all turns out!
Heath and I started running again.  In June we are running a two mile race in Emmett.  I've never ran in any race before so this is a first for me.  Heath and I run well together and he is great at encouraging me so hopefully it will be fun and will make me finally start exercising!
Hailey has her drivers permit now so she's driving with any adult that will let her. 
I can't believe that she's old enough, I'm sure Nicole can't either.  Any prayers will be gladly accepted.
I finished up a big project this week, one that I have been working on for three months so that feels so good, I will share about it at a later time. That's given me some time back to start reading again which I have missed and having a Kindle makes it so easy.  I've seen a few books on Oprah lately that have looked interesting so I can download them and start reading right away, I love that!
At Ryan's game this week he got to play cather for the first time and was he the cutest catcher ever.
This is the only picture I got because he kept covering his face so I couldn't take a picture, the little stinker.
I stayed behind the fence so I could help coach Ryan because I don't think sitting criss cross is the correct position for a catcher. 
Luke and Ryan's games start at the same time so when they fall on the same days Heath and I have to be at separate games.  I was bummed that I missed seeing Luke play catcher for the first time on this same day too.
Ryan also got to play pitcher which he loved.  Ryan has a lot of energy, he has a hard time holding still, keeping his hands to himself, listening, paying attention, and staying out of someones personal space so the fact that he got to run wild and chase all of the balls was a great position for him.  He did have a hard time though not tackling everyone else while running for the ball. (he's on the far left in the picture)

2 comments:

  1. I seriously LOVE tball. Those games just crack me up.

    I'm so excited about your decorating, painting and furniture. I can't wait to see it all done, hurry up! ;o)

    I'm reading a really good book, Unbroken. I think that's the title.

    Let's see what else should I comment on, okay I'll stop here

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really need to get B signed up for Tball next year! Looks like so much fun and I know he would have a blast! I love that pic of Ryan sitting down playing catcher :)

    Can't wait to see all finished decorating projects!

    ReplyDelete