Friday, May 6, 2011

good to be loved

My boys made today so special for me.
It started out early in Luke's class with Muffins for Moms.
Luke served me a blueberry muffin and apple juice and gave me his chair to sit in
while we looked through some special things he made for me. 
(Luke can't resist trying to get a peace sign in every picture)
 Luke first gave me a book titled My Marvelous Mother.  His teacher laughed when she read it because he put a question mark after the title so it read My Marvelous Mother? This is what he wrote.
My Mom is a Marvelous Mom
My Mom is terrific at cleening
My Mom is happy when we are cleening
My Mom gets excited when we are good
My Mom really love me
He also wrote me two very sweet poems that I will remind him of on the days he tells
me I'm the worst mom ever.  They both happened to be titled My Mom.

My Mom
My Mom my Mom
I love my Mom
My Mom is the one of the best theng in the wirld
but the best theng in the wirld is my mom.

My Mom
My Mom is outstanding and fantastick
The best of the best
is the best, is the best best best best best
Is a big big hart
I love my Mom
She is the best best

I then had a special Mother's Day performance from Ryan and his class.
They sang us a few songs, served us cupcakes and lemonade and gave us a present.
 My one of a kind bracelet from Ryan
 Each of the kids got to share what they loved most about their moms.
Ryan said, "I love my mom because she takes me trick-or-treating.
She let's me buy toys.  She lets me play video games.  I love her!
 This is special because Ryan doesn't give out kisses just anywhere,
 even if he was asked to give me this kiss!
Cody didn't have a program so once he made it home from school I asked
if he had a present for me and he said that he didn't get it finished so it was still at school.
Thankfully he had left his lunch and some paperwork at school so when we went back to get it
he remembered that he had a poem for me in his folder.

Melisa
Smart, funny, creative
Who likes to play "scrabble and use her "kindle"
Who feels happy with her family
Who needs to do her paperwork
Who would like to see me grow up
Who enjoys making cookies for us
Who likes to wear the color red
Mom
What a wonderful day I had being celebrated.
I love being a mom to my boys!

2 comments:

  1. that's a lot of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww...so sweet. I think boys get into Mother's Day more than girls!

    ReplyDelete