This little corner of the fence is the only piece of our property that we share with the neighbors and by neighbors I mean Jason, Amanda and the girls. The meetings at this fence take place almost daily if not multiple times in a day come rain or shine. Each of the meetings is either because you are in need of something or because you are fulfilling their need. Almost everything has been passed over this fence at one time or another including money, magazines, xbox games and controllers, books, coupons, clothes (usually the ones that Ash has borrowed from Ryan), tools, movies, fingernail polishes and remover, sandwich bags, aluminum foil, pool keys, freshly baked cookies, brownies, cupcakes, muffins and candy, (some of the best meetings), food anything from canned olives, beans, corns, tomatoes, soups, to fresh fruit or vegetables (like potatoes when you are trying to make potato soup for dinner and realize you don't have any), salsa, oil, sugar, milk, bbq sauce, crisco, dressings, home made jellies and my all time favorite a food processor.
We laugh thinking about what our other neighbors must think seeing these items being passed over the corner of the fence at all times of the day. I know that it makes me smile knowing how lucky I am to have such great neighbors who we can also call friends and it doesn't hurt that they always have everything that I need too.

Love it! When we were growing up the neighbor who lived kitty-corner from us was one of my best friends. Our fences were different and since it was in the back corner our parents stuck an old pool ladder over the corner so we could just climb that instead of having to walk all the way around. It was so cool! One of my favorite childhood memories. Your kids will always remember meeting at the fence. :)
ReplyDeleteOk I wasn't expecting to cry when I read this post but that's exactly what I did! It's great to have such great friends that are also great neighbors!! Can you imagine how much more money we'd spend at Paul's if we always had to run out for ingredients?! Thanks for always being willing to share anything you have with us, we love you guys!
ReplyDelete