Saturday, January 14, 2012

january's jabberings

Heath made it home late Sunday night so this has been our first normal week of 2012.
It's taken some adjusting to get back into a routine but I think we have managed at least a little bit.
I told Heath to take lots of pictures when he was back home but I think he took just four or five.
Here he is with his brothers who as you can tell love pictures just about as much as Heath, it's a good thing that I wasn't there. Heath's the youngest, Jeff (in the red) is the oldest and Brent is the middle brother.
It won't be too long until we see Heath's family again because we have started planning our trip to Disneyland with them over spring break (this was a surprise to the boys for Christmas).
I didn't really make any new resolutions this year but am trying to focus more on two things:
Completing projects that have been in the works for years now, I know my friends and family are tired of hearing me talk about getting them finished so this is the year (I promise).
Also balancing, just trying to find a good balance in my life between being a mom and wife and still leaving time for myself, this seems to be a constant struggle and I want to find some peace with it.
This week we celebrated my sister's 39th birthday twice.
Once at a Greek restaurant with the whole family and then again for a dinner with some of the family before Tucker's basketball game.  This is the last year of her thirties so she deserves to be celebrated lots, she's pretty special.  It was fun with all of us there to support Tucker, especially since this is his Senior year. Usually I curse the team and they always lose with me being there but this game was different and they won and Tucker had a great game (even if he didn't give a shout out to his Aunt in the stands when he scored all of his points).
Cody started basketball practices this week also.  He hasn't shown that much interest in any sports in the past so we were excited that this is something that he wanted to do and seems to enjoy. I love it because it's a game I can actually understand and it's an indoor sport, so it's a win-win for me.
Ryan's week started off with an incident that we like to call 'going to church' a little inside joke with the family and thankfully it ended with him having a great school day on Friday since we had a little issue this week of him wanting to play instead of doing any of his seat work (which didn't work out to well for him).
Luke's days have been filled with friends birthday parties, today makes his fourth one of January, hopefully they slow down because I can't afford all the presents.  I already have a birthday to plan for two special boys in the family, a big 8 and 37  my boys will be soon.
Enough of my jabberings on the start of our 2012.

1 comment:

  1. Great pics. I'm glad H got one of the brothers and your trip will be so much fun! Can you pack us along?!

    Crazy to think L will 8, so are you doin a party yet?!

    I'm thinking about throwing one for myself, jk!

    ReplyDelete