Remember those overall I bought Cody for his school play?
Well Thursday it was finally time for him to wear them but the day before he informed me that he didn't need them, he already had a costume he could wear at school. I told him that it would be nice for him to share this information with me because he knew that I had already bought the overalls. He was also supposed to wear a red plaid shirt with the overalls but thankfully we already owned one of those, but when I mentioned the red shirt to him he told me that he switched sides of the railroad and that now he would be needing a blue plaid shirt. Again I reminded him ever so sweetly that these are things that he needs to share with me but lucky for him we already owned a blue shirt also. He told me that he would take the blue shirt with him to school because he didn't really like the jean jacket they had for him but that he didn't need the overalls. So when I first saw him at the play I was speechless, his costume consisted of the blue shirt that I sent him with. That was it, no overalls, no other part of a costume, nothing, just the blue shirt and the pants that he wore to school that day. I guess we need to work on a little better communication around here because it just doesn't make any sense to me.
So once I got over the whole costume ordeal, (or lack thereof) I tried to enjoy the play. The kids played a few songs on their recorders, acted out a few scenes, and sang a few songs. The kids were in charge of all parts of the play from staging and props to lighting and publicity so you could tell that they were very proud of themselves and all the hard work that they had put into it. Way to go fourth graders!
Something that totally made me laugh was seeing one of Cody's friends who apparently had
forgotten his recorder play his 'air recorder' I bet he didn't have great communication with his mom either.
Ryan had a special day this week also, he got to be the class scientist and show the class an experiment of his choosing. I helped him pick The Rubber Egg Experiment thinking that would be a fun one to talk about and would be simple enough to demonstrate. After going back and forth he decided that I would be able to come to the school and watch him. He was so excited when it was time to start. He loved being able to wear the scientists special lab coat and to have the classes somewhat undivided attention. He read through each of the steps and explained the experiment to the kids, the kids then each got to touch and feel the rubber eggs and lastly it was time for a round of questions. Ryan loved this part, he loved being able to decide which kid would get chosen. Sometimes he would do this by eeny meeny miney moe or he would say, "class you need to be quiet I can't hear Mitchell way in the back trying to ask me something." The kids questions were pretty much all the same, "would the egg break if an elephant stepped on it?", "would the egg break if you hit it with a bat?", "would the egg break if you poked it?" "would the egg break if you poked it like this?" "would the egg break if you squeezed it?"
It was such a fun day for Ryan!
Friday was one of those perfect days with the kids. They were kind, they were happy, they were helpful, they were pretty much perfect kids, it was so nice. I love those days! I decided to order pizza instead of make a dinner and Luke was starving like always so he asked if he could set the table and have everything all ready for when Heath got home with the pizza. I told him how sweet that was of him to offer to do that and then I couldn't help but laugh and be a little embarrassed when he asked me if he needed to use real plates or fake plates in setting the table. Fake plates of course being paper plates, which I guess we use a little too often around here.
Those are my sweethearts...



well come on, where are the pictures of your nicely set dinner table?
ReplyDeletewhat {sweet} boys you have!
A perfect day with perfect kids? That sounds wonderful! How does a scientist make a rubber egg? Inquiring minds wanna....in case Jenna's school does Scientist of the Day!
ReplyDeleteAunt Shelley