Cody was very excited when he brought home the paperwork a few weeks ago to fill out to become a member of the National Honors Society even though it didn't guarantee that he would even be selected. The paperwork had many areas to fill out, things regarding leadership skills, academics, citizenship, community service, and responsibilities. To be honest I wasn't for sure what we were going to fill in for some of the things but that didn't seem to bother Cody at all, he just sat down and filled out the paperwork himself. It was great seeing through his eyes how he felt that he was accomplished in those areas, I guess it worked because last night he was inducted into the National Honors Society.
Our seats weren't the greatest, you can see that we were the farthest away from Cody as possible.
The whole ceremony was pretty quick but not as quick as Cody was to grab his certificate and go. He was heading back to his seat before he even got the award in his hand.
He had to turn back around though because they had other things to hand him, crazy kid.
Cody is such a great kid (and funny too), I hope that he can always have this attitude to strive to be his best in everything. I know that he can accomplish great things, we are so proud of him and lucky to be his parents.
The refreshments afterwards was the only part of the night that this little nut enjoyed!





No comments:
Post a Comment