The Color Run was on Saturday
it was so so cold
and it didn't help that I was sick with a cold too.
It was an early morning leaving the house at 7:00 am.
Amanda and I met up with some of her friends
and we headed to downtown Boise.
It was a fun group of girls.
Here we are before in our white clothes and our super cool headbands
which made great ear warmers too.
We didn't quite go for the fashion look we were just trying to stay warm
but lots of people were decked out in tutu's, wigs,
spandex, leotards, and some even wearing their underwear on the outside
of their clothes.
So even though it's called the color run don't let that mislead you,
it's not much of a run. The funny thing is for the last two months I ran 3 miles three times a week
to get ready for this but it turns out there is nothing to get ready for.
There are so many people everywhere that you can hardly run unless you
want to constantly weave in and out of people and dodge strollers and wheel chairs,
so we mostly walked and did a little jogging
As you run you go through four different color zones where colors get
thrown on you to slowly turn your whites into something more colorful.
They suggest for you to wear glasses to protect your eyes
and breathing in and tasting the stuff isn't that great either but
the atmosphere is so much fun
you can't help but smile, laugh and have a great time
even if you are sick.
At the end of the race they have a color party
where every ten minutes or so everyone throws their
color packs in the air and you dance around in the falling colors
until it turns into a thick smog and you can no longer breathe
and you have to lick your teeth clean because the powder
covers everything.
It was a fun and they are right
it really is the happiest 5K on the planet
now I just need to run a real 5K.
thanks for the fun Amanda and girls.
It was so fun! I'm glad you came with us! (i just posted about it too! :)) Hope you're feeling better!
ReplyDeleteWe had a blast and I can say that we jogged almost the whole thing! We weaved in and out of everybody. My legs are killing me today I did not do any post training. We were up in the very front by the stage during the color party. My lungs are still trying to breathe better! Glad you had a good time. I can't wait for next year!
ReplyDeleteFUN!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining me! I'm glad we did it!! Maybe next summer for our messy day we could do this with the kids ... mine would be rolling in it! ;o)
ReplyDelete