well probably not
since I haven't been blogging
but now you will
Cody was in a school play
he played Merlin in the play Joust
he had around ten lines to say and he did great
even though I thought he seemed a little nervous he said that he wasn't
and had a lot of fun
I think he enjoyed the singing and dancing more than the speaking
we were proud of him
I finally got a canvas made up from our last family picture
I love how this wall came together
thanks to Amanda and her decorating skills
it just brings a smile to my face every time I look at it
Heath was home sick two days last week
one of those sick days was his birthday, that's not fun
but it did work out that he was able to go to Ryan's award ceremony, yeah for that
Ryan earned a paw print for respecting others
so he was acknowledged at the school assembly
Ash also earned one, way to go you two.
Cody is playing basketball again this year
and just had his first game over the weekend.
He's not one to go out and want to practice all of the time
(or if ever)
but Heath and I were very proud of him at his game.
He has a better understanding of the game this year
and what he needs to be doing, plus he's having fun
so we are excited to watch him grow.
We celebrated Luke with a family party even though Grammy and Papa were missing.
I loved the confetti garland that I made
and all of his pictures hanging across the room
it was so fun to seem how he changed over the last nine years.
His party was all about his favorite team, the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Since we always celebrate Heath at the same time
I decided to make them rivals and have it be
Heath's favorite team the Tennessee Titans against the Steelers.
I asked everyone to come wearing colors to support one of those teams
and if you couldn't do that then come wearing your own favorite teams colors
and so they did.
My brother is such a dork
this is how he parked in our driveway
so nobody else would be able to
I actually thought it was pretty funny
Luke's party was also about all of his favorite foods
(like it was last year)
I don't think his favorites have changed much
deviled eggs, turkey & bacon club sandwiches, cheetos, fried pickles & potato salad
He loved it all
especially all of his presents
He is all about the beyblades this year!
The sun was out yesterday
I could hardly believe it
after being in the inversion for so long
I forgot how needed and wonderful
the sun and blue skies are
I loved it.
We couldn't let Luke's actual birthday go by without celebrating
so we started it out with our presents to him
doughnuts for his class
doughnuts again after school with the girls
McDonald's for dinner
He is just an awesome kid
and lucky us
we get to celebrate being his parents everyday
(or at least most days).
In other news not too long ago
I asked the kids what they wanted to be when they grow up,
Ryan's answer was pretty standard for a little boy when he said police officer or fireman.
Cody's we have heard before too when he said doctor, pilot or video game designer.
Luke's was a complete shocker when he told us a car sales man (because he said if you sold three cars a day you could make sixty eight thousand dollars) or a hair cutter and as a side job he would breed lizards to which Heath replied "Do you plan on getting married someday?" thinking what woman is going to want that.
It will be so interesting to see where life does take them.
And lastly,
I have a new job
it's actually really funny to say job
because I don't get paid
but I am the new 3rd grade keyboarding teacher
as a parent volunteer.
It's something that they just started in the school with the third graders
so I get to work for an hour and a half, one day a week.
Last Friday was my first day and I was a little bit nervous because this is all new to me
but I managed to do okay except for one mistake (at least that I know of).
I asked Luke if any of his friends said anything about me being their teacher
and he said, "they told me that you made a mistake". Gotta love their honesty.
Anyway we will see where this goes and what doors it could possibly open up for me.
Now onto February...
Now onto February...











Hey I would be interested in knowing what you do during the keyboarding...We have got to start the kids doing this in Emmett...What program do you use? Is there other parents that come in on other days? Does the teacher stay in with you? Would love to hear back...e-mail me bcronquist@msn.com
ReplyDeleteKeyboarding in 3rd Grade?!? Wow! Back in the stone age (when I was in school), you didn't keyboard until high school and then it was on a MANUAL typewriter. You didn't get to use the electric typewriter until you were a Senior. My how things have changed. But I have to say the two things I learned in school for which I am most thankful is the ability to read and the ability to type. You go girl! Teaching keyboarding. Curious - what was your mistake? ;-)
ReplyDeleteAunt Shelley