Thursday, June 17, 2010

A decade.... *updated*

together.
Celebrating our 10 years!

Today will be good.
A sleepover with Grammy and Papa for the kids.
A date night for Heath and I.
Looking forward to another decade together babe....
We had a great night out together.
We enjoyed our dinner and dessert at The Cheesecake Factory.
We then decided on the movie Date Night to go and watch and
what a perfect movie it was for us to see.
Laugh out loud funny and some parts were just so easy to relate to.
We even thought about getting a little wild and going to watch another show
but decided to head home instead.
We drove through our old neighborhood seeing where we started our 10 years and family together and ended up running into our old neighbors so we visited for awhile.
Heath was off to work early the next morning and I had the house to myself.
What a weird feeling that is.
I stayed in bed as long as I wanted, I think I lasted until 7:40am.
Ate my leftovers from dinner and then my dessert while I watched tv.
I then took a bath and read my book.
Finally I got ready for the day and headed off to run a few errands before going
to Emmett to pick up the kids.
It's always exciting going and picking them up, I miss them.
I'm not used to being away from them.
I wish the reunion would of been a little more enjoyable but Ryan was crying because I was there and he didn't want to go home yet.
The rest of the afternoon and evening was spent breaking up fights and listening to the never ending whining and complaining.
Welcome Back!
The kids were cute though when they asked about what Heath and I did.
I told them I went on a date with my boyfriend and they wrinkled up their noses thinking that was disgusting. They then asked me if we kissed and for how long, which they giggled at and thought was so gross too.
They each made us an anniversary card though and Cody wrote another report on LOVE so that was all very sweet.
In the end everyone had a great time.
The boys loved being with Grammy and Papa
and they loved being with the boys
and I loved dating my husband!
P.S. and the really really great news that happened!
Cody and almost Luke learned how to finally blow a bubble with gum.
They were so excited to show us!

2 comments:

  1. Happy 10th Anniversary to you both! So far so good on our 'overnighter'...they do keep a person busy...ha ha! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can you have been married 10 years? You are 'just kids'....no wait - that must have been what you were when you got married!

    Happy 10th,
    Aunt Shelley

    ReplyDelete