Monday, June 28, 2010

it's all good

Summer has been good to us, we are loving the sun.
Here is a look at what we have been doing lately.
Eating snow cones: root beer float and cotton candy were their first flavors of choice
Renting redbox movies: it's been fun getting caught up on all the movies that we've been wanting to see.
Toy Story 3: we went with the girls, Abigail and Cody thought it was a date.
The kids looked so cute all lined up in their seats eating popcorn and candy.
The play date didn't end there, we then went to WinCo for our dinner groceries.
Dinner was something new: grilled pizza and it was fabulous (thanks for sharing Krista)
Watching my garden slowly die: I don't know what's going on with it, I already replaced a couple of plants because I planted them the same day as a windstorm and they didn't make it but I still have things not looking so great. I started with 5 things (zucchini, squash, tomatoes, watermelon and pumpkins...so we will see what I end up with.
Swimming, swimming and more swimming: we have been going to the pool a lot and it's been so good for the boys. We have had many years worth of swimming lessons but still no swimmers so this year I said no lessons and lots of practice in the pool. Already in this short time the boys have come along way, my bets are on Luke to really learn how to swim first!
Cody said to Luke as he was laying on top of four pool noodles floating on top of the water, "Luke it looks like you are living the life!"
Luke said to one of his classmates in the pool, "Oh yeah, well I have a cousin and she is almost in college."
Ryan said to me as he was laying on his towel after swimming getting warmed up by the sun, "This is so sweet."
I'm still cleaning: I have the upstairs completely cleaned even though you wouldn't know by looking at it today, but it feels good.
Catching bee's" the boys love to try and catch them in plastic cups or bottles. Ryan is the best at this, he has no fear and I call him my bee whisperer. No stings so far.
Growing butterflies: I ordered more caterpillars, they are now in their cocoons so we can't wait for them to come out.
Homework: the boys have been doing a little each day to stay up on what they have learned. It's been fun doing it with them.
Vacation Bible School: the boys are going this week with the girls, I think they had a great time today.
Cousin time: Tucker came today, so the boys will have some extra entertainment for the next few days.
You would think with all of this, I would have at least one picture to share....but I don't. Next time!
Not too bad for the first month of summer vacation, can't wait to see what else is in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment