Yesterday we made it back to the water park but this time with Grammy.
The boys kept her busy and showed her everything that they loved to do.
Luke and Cody each tried some rides that they haven't been on before and loved it.
Ryan still wasn't going to try the racing slide but enjoyed every minute in the wave pool, on the teeter totter and chasing his brothers through the river.
After six hours of playing we were ready to head home but Luke still wasn't done and wanted to go on one more ride.
The ride he picked out made me very nervous for my beginner swimmer, my beginner swimming who just began swimming this summer that is.
It's a short racing slide that shoots you off into 10 feet of water where you then have to swim to the other side to get out.
I didn't want to tell him no but kept asking him if he thought he could really do it.
He said yes each time and seemed so confident not one bit nervous.
I told him the minute he came up in that water he would have to start swimming and not stop until he reached the stairs and he just said okay mom.
My heart was in my throat when I sent him up the stairs by himself so I could stay below and watch.
I told the lifeguard that it was his first time and I was nervous about him making it to the side so she said that she would watch him closely.
After a quick prayer from my mom it was Luke's turn and
Off he went.
Down the slide
Going really fast
Splashing into the water
Underwater
Popping back up
Swimming like crazy
and not stopping until he made it to the side.
He came out of the water so excited and proud of himself.
He absolutely loved it.
It was some of the best swimming I have seen him do.
It was so awesome and my heart felt like it could burst.
I was so proud of him for being so brave to try something new all on his own and believing in himself to do it.
One ride wasn't enough though, I did the ride three more times with him before we were finally done.
The whole day was good but that was definitely the highlight of mine.
Holy Cow Luke.... way to believe in yourself...you are taking after your great-grandma Tarrant...quite the swimmer... next stop the Olympics.... glad you all had a fun day...Aunt CoCo
ReplyDeleteWow! What a brave little guy! Good for him and the confidence to do something like that on his own!
ReplyDeleteThe day was awesome with the boys & Miss and I find myself looking forward to next year's playday at Roaring Springs! Who knows maybe I will try the slide with Luke, but I will be holding my nose before I touch the water! Thanks for a wonderful day. Love, Grams
ReplyDeleteRenee we need to set up the time together and I will make my mom come and you guys can race each other, of course holding your noses together :) WE had a great time...I hated to leave!
ReplyDeleteIt's great to see how well the kids are doing in the pool this year! Way to go Luke!!
ReplyDelete