Cody has been telling me over and over that he wants to learn how to cook things on his own,
so at the beginning of summer I had Cody write down 5 things that he wanted to learn how to make.
The other day I surprised Cody that he would be making a cake all on his own from scratch.
I decided on an old recipe that a friends mom used to make when I was young.
Mayonnaise Cake
The kids were disgusted at first seeing the mayo as one of the ingredients but realized that it is a really yummy, rich and moist cake.
Cody did a great job and wanted to do it ALL on his own, even getting all of the ingredients out.
After the cake cooked and cooled, I helped him make a frosting and we all enjoyed a piece.
Oh so good!

That same day Cody decided that he wanted to teach Ryan how to build legos by following the instruction manual. Cody loves any chance he can get to teach someone about anything. He figured that since this lego set said between ages 5-12 that Ryan was close enough and would be able to do it. Ryan was excited but soon became frustrated, Cody was right there to help answer his many questions and help him fix a few mistakes. It was so cute seeing Ryan concentrating so hard on trying to find the right piece and follow along with the directions.


Oh so good!

That same day Cody decided that he wanted to teach Ryan how to build legos by following the instruction manual. Cody loves any chance he can get to teach someone about anything. He figured that since this lego set said between ages 5-12 that Ryan was close enough and would be able to do it. Ryan was excited but soon became frustrated, Cody was right there to help answer his many questions and help him fix a few mistakes. It was so cute seeing Ryan concentrating so hard on trying to find the right piece and follow along with the directions.

My boys worked really hard today and I was proud of them.




Moon rocks...mmm...Cody is a smart boy! The pics of Ryan are so cute!
ReplyDeleteGood job Cody...I'm still sad I didn't get a piece of your cake. Ryan..way to go on building the lego truck & trailer! Love, Grams
ReplyDeleteSo, it was a productive day!
ReplyDeletehmm...Mayonnaise cake, sounds familiar!
ReplyDelete