Monday, August 9, 2010

The Monday News

Okay we are at 3 weeks and counting...
The time continues to fly by and I continue to think of all the things that I should of been working on all summer long.
News: New Tricks/Old Training Wheels
Ryan decided last night with the skies getting darker and the wind blowing that he wanted to ride his bike without training wheels. Since he asked we thought that we would give it a try, he looked so big all of a sudden on his bike. Heath took him up and down in front of our house a few times and then he was done, he hadn't gotten the hang of it and wanted the training wheels back on. That was fine with me because I wasn't ready for the extra work at this point. He stayed outside riding his bike though showing me all of his new tricks, riding with only one hand and riding with his bum off the seat.
News: Good Vision/Long Lasting Stye
I got Luke into see an Ophthamologist today to have his eye looked at because of the stye he's had for over a month. The antibiotics that he has been on haven't been doing anything so we didn't know what was going on with it. Thankfully the doctor thinks that it will clear up on it's own with the help of a different prescription so he should be good soon enough. He had his vision tested while he was in there and all was well.
News: No Fall Sport/More Time to Relax
I knew flag football was starting sometime this month but when I got the email that it was starting today, I felt sick to my stomach. I was not ready for our summer to be over and for life to get completely chaotic so soon. With Heath's new work schedule, Cody not having a desire to play, finding out practices were 4 nights a week and games every Saturday, I was not ready to tackle it all on my own so we pulled him out for this year. I feel good about the decision, knowing there is always next year and giving us a little time to adjust to Cody and Luke being gone all day every day and Ryan in school three days a week.
This is what all the boys love to do, go outside in the warm sun, lay in my chair and fall asleep...I love it too!
News: Fun Project/Not so Fun Picture Taking
The kids had a lot of fun making their own tie dye shirts, they each knew right away which kind of design and what colors they wanted. Next time we would do things just a little different but overall the shirts turned out great (besides mine) and we had a blast. Ryan hates that his red faded to pink so he thinks it's a girl shirt now but other than that the kids are all very proud of their shirts! Getting my three boys to cooperate for a picture is hard enough but add the girls and it was nearly impossible, finally thanks to Amanda she was able to get this picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment