Saturday, April 16, 2011

Papa's Day

My dad called me Friday morning at 6:20am with an idea.
He was thinking about planning a guy's day with just my three boys.
He wanted it to be just him and the boys, not even Grammy was invited to join them.
So that is what today was, the best day ever with Papa.
It started out with meeting my dad at Red Robins for lunch.
The boys had no idea what was going on so they were quite surprised when Papa joined us for lunch.
Now Heath and I did stay for lunch too, one because it was my dad's treat and
two because I just didn't know how he would handle a full sit down meal with the boys.
After a great lunch we parted ways, Heath and I went furniture shopping (something the boys were
expecting to have to do with us) but instead Papa took them out to the movies (so much more fun).
They went to see the movie Hop where they were treated to drinks, popcorn and candies!
The movie was a hit but they weren't done yet.
Papa then headed to Dairy Queen where they had ice cream and french fries
and that is where we met back up with them.
What an exciting completely unexpected day for the boys, they had so much fun (and so did Papa).
I love that my dad came up with this idea all on his own and that he was wanting to spend some
quality time with my boys.
Mostly though I love that the boys will always have the memory of this special day with their Papa.
Thanks Dad!

1 comment:

  1. How sweet! When my dad takes the kids somewhere on his own I always hold my breath but also think how special it is!

    ReplyDelete