A couple weeks ago Luke went to a Karate class with a friend to try it out.
He loved it but still decided against joining even though I think that will probably be changing soon.
Ryan was also with us that day and got to try a class of his own.
Well he loved it too and wanted to become a Tiger right away.
Last night was the first time he got to wear his gi and he looked so great.
He was also presented his belt at the end of class which is a big deal.
He has already earned his first badge which is a balance badge for balancing on one leg for five seconds.
He tried earning this badge the same day he tried out the class but he couldn't do it until he officially joined the class. Ryan is not shy about raising his hand to try something new or to answer a question even when he has no clue on what they are talking about, he's a funny kid.
Ryan can't believe he is a white belt, he says it all of the time
"I can't believe that I am a white belt!"
He couldn't be more proud.
This is all new to me so I'm finding out that there is a lot to learn about karate, so far I'm liking everything.
I learned yesterday that the belt never gets washed (because it holds all of your learning and knowledge)
and that it is never to be worn outside of the dojo (minus of course when mom wants to take a picture) because it would be seen as bragging and that no one else is to wear your belt.
I think the learning of focus and self control will be great for Ryan,
not to mention the discipline and respect that will come from it also.
I guess we will see where this takes us.
Ryan's Tiny Tiger Pledge
I will obey my parents.
I will use good manners.
I will clean my room.
I will answer to my parents and teachers.
I will never use Karate to show off or pick fights.
I am awesome!


Ryan you look so grown up! I think you are going to do great! Very proud of you and keep practicing..Love Aunt Coco
ReplyDeleteThis is so cool! We can't wait to come watch you sometime!!
ReplyDelete