Friday, November 12, 2010

doing something right

I love being a mother.
Sometimes I wonder though if I am failing miserably at this motherhood thing.
Most days are wonderful when everyone is happy and life is going good
and others I would rather not experience again because it all just falls apart.
Laying in bed at night I sometimes wish that I could have a do-over and try it all over again because I see the mistakes I made and where I failed.
Thankfully today wasn't one of those days, I felt like I must be doing something right.
Cody and Luke each came home with an award today from school.
They weren't even the ones to tell me about them, sweet Abigail who also received an award was happy to share the exciting news with me!
Cody received the award for Most Respectful Student which is defined as
"Honoring individuals who show respect to their teachers, classmates, and school materials at all times."
Luke received the award for Most Disciplined Student which is defined as
"Honoring individuals who persevere in their work even when it is challenging and stay focused on their work at all times."
Ryan of course doesn't go to their school but his teacher asked to talk to me after school today (I have to admit that at first I was thinking what on Earth did he do now) but was so happy to hear how he is excelling in class and she just wanted to know if it was okay if she sends home extra work that she feels he is ready to do.
This is all great news that makes a mother feel proud and good about the job she's doing!
Way to go boys!

4 comments:

  1. You are a fantastic mom and it sounds like it is being proven through your kids! Great job to all your boys and to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are an awesome mom. After all, you let your kids eat cookie dough, pudding and rice cakes!! I have learned a thing or two from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, you're an outstanding mother! And you are raising 3 great boys! I love it that they are recognized for their actions and hard work at school. Good job boys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa, you are a wonderful mom and wife...keep up the great work. Congratulations boys for your achievements. Love, Grammy and Papa
    PS, Your also a great daughter, sister and aunt...you get the drift!

    ReplyDelete