Not one picture was taken over the weekend,
I think my family enjoyed that most of all.
Saturday started out with an early morning run, then as a family we did a little shopping for house projects, Mother's Day and a birthday.
I wanted to stop at one of my favorite stores and we had the kids guess which one,
Cody guessed Joann's Fabrics (this made me laugh, never would it be) Luke guessed Office Depot (which is one of his favorite stores) and after thinking a long time Ryan guessed Famous Footwear (great guess but we weren't going there today).
So we ended up at Barnes & Noble to look around. I didn't need any new books but Cody's been wanting some to finish a series he is reading and Luke was wanting a new journal so I thought it would a fun stop.
We then went to Chili's and ate a good lunch one of my favorite meals Honey Chipolte Chicken, (I don't even want to know the calories in that), a few quick stops at the mall (one of them being some take home Reese's Peanut Butter Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory (don't want to know the calories in that either), a stop to pick up our new furniture, and lastly Costco to get what we needed for the family party on Sunday. There was no relaxing once we got home, bringing in the new furniture and taking out the old, cleaning behind things that haven't been cleaned since we moved in, re-arranging and organizing. The best part was when we took a break to eat the cheesecake, it was the boys' first time having some from there and they described it as heaven, I agree!
Sunday we spent all morning getting ready for the Mother's Day party at our house.
We were missing a few more members of the family so there was only ten of us but we still
managed to pig out on Lasagna, Salad, Bread and Hot Fudge Brownie Sundae's, laugh lots and have a good time. Not only were we celebrating Mother's Day but also a little birthday party for my dad before his really big party this weekend, he is turning sixty you know!
My gift to my dad was a video I made from the past sixty years. I've been working on it since February and I love how it turned out but it took a long time to get there. My mom had to scan over two hundred pictures for me from the old photo albums which I then had to edit all of them before I could even do the fun stuff and put together the video. Anyway the family got to watch it for the first time Sunday which was a lot of fun and brought back many memories and we shared in some good laughs.
I was so done by the end of that weekend and had no more energy to give.
No comments:
Post a Comment