Monday, October 10, 2011

5 days

Thursday
Some of the family braved the cold and the rain to watch Tucker play football.
It was Melba's homecoming.
Tucker was also one of the nominees for king, but sadly he didn't win.
He seemed a little nervous and embarrassed in front of everyone,
I hope it wasn't because of this...
(a proud aunt and uncle just trying to get a few pictures)
Who knew rain ponchos were so popular and flattering, ha!
I think the family knows by now I mostly go to the football games to socialize, I love supporting the kids in everything but I just don't seem to have the concentration it takes to watch a football game. 
It was such a good time laughing and joking around with the family.
This fuddy duddy doesn't join in though, he likes to watch the whole game and probably finds us a little annoying but we still love him.
 
Friday
With the boys out of school for a few days that meant I had to brave grocery shopping with all of them again, oh how I love the days of going by myself. We survived the errands, lunch and shopping together and even managed to get a halloween costume too (even though it already needs fixed by Grammy).  That night we headed out to the hockey game even though pajamas and the warm house were sounding so much better.  We ended up having a great time together, laughing hysterically at the audience being shown on the big screen for the Kissing Cam, Air Guitar and Dancing segments and watching the boys getting into the game (especially the fights). I am just so happy that we got out and didn't miss in all that fun.
Saturday
We headed to Luke's last game (or so we thought-turns out he has one more next weekend).  Finally this group of boys is getting the game figured out and you can see them working together.  If Luke could just fight and defend the other team like he does so passionately with his brothers there would be no stopping this kid. 
After the game we headed home, curled up in the living room together and  watched Transformers 3.
The boys have been wanting to see it ever since the movie first came out so finally it was time.  Besides the language it didn't disappoint and was full of action, fighting and cool transformers so the boys loved it.
After that we headed to the pumpkin patch (along with everyone else in the surrounding area) but had the most wonderful weather so we couldn't complain (too much).
It was
corn maze-chili fries-nachos-fried donuts-pumpkin slinging-animal petting
hay bale climbing-tractor riding-broken down tractor-through the corn maze again
sno cones-corn dogs-picture taking fun time!
 someone always has to be the comedian... 
 In just six more years this kid will be driving, probably not a tractor but still I can't believe it.
Sunday
We headed to church where the boys have been enjoying their religious ed classes and meeting new friends, so that makes for less complaining in the mornings which really makes for a better day.  After church we ate lunch and spent the rest of the afternoon outside washing vehicles, mowing, cleaning the garage and doing yard work.  It was another day of the most perfect weather!
Monday
Now today we have to play catch up with our cleaning, laundry and homework after the last four days so we can be ready to start our week off good tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment