Wednesday, August 22, 2012

once again....


it was time for the first day of school
the boys were so excited
Ryan didn't eat dinner last night and hardly any breakfast this morning because he couldn't wait,
he told me this was going to be the best day ever, his first day of first grade.
Ryan loved his new shirt and wanted everyone to read it, including the crossing guard at the school.
He was nothing but smiles lining up with his classmates and friends.

Luke has been really excited for school to start too which made me happy because he's been a little nervous in the past years.  It took him probably four tries with a little of my help to get his hair just right for today. 
Luke told me just yesterday that he was probably going to wear one of his old football jersey's for the first day of school not one of his new school shirts that we bought.  I wanted him to have something special to wear for the first day so we did a quick shop and found one and those things aren't cheap.  Anyway we also went to Kohl's where he found this lovely shirt (you know how I feel about character shirts), the best part about it was that it was on clearance for $1.35 plus I had a coupon!  So you can see which new shirt won out for the first day but at least he was a happy boy. 
 Cody is always ready for school and loves to learn and socialize with his friends.  He was awake at his normal everyday of his life time six o'clock and got ready right away.  Cody is just so laid back and easy going, he even helped make the waffle mix to have it ready for when I came down this morning.
 Cody was fun to school shop with this year, his style is changing and he is starting to try some new looks.  As far as his hair goes, well he could still care less, he wants nothing to do with it.
 Amanda and I walked the kids to school, took plenty of pictures and
 lined them all up where they needed to be.  
They were all smiles.
I asked the kids what was I going to do with them being gone all day,
they said I could play with the lizard, play fetch with Ruby, get on the computer for a little bit,
or play video games and of course they assured me that they would miss me.
I guess I will just take one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment