Ryan loves school and things have been going good. He loves to do homework anytime he sees the big kids sit down to do some, especially spelling tests. He will make me give him his own words like (cat, dog, hat, pig, up, gun, mom, no, dad) that he can sound out easy to spell. We have been playing a lot of Bingo, Memory and building tranformers when it's just him and I at home. He has had a few issues with lying to me on things that he has done right in front of me but still tries to get away with it, so it doesn't work out that well for him so we are putting an end to that. He also shows me sign language (which he always refers to as Spanish) for many things, which I know that he does learn at school but I think he makes up his own a lot too!
Luke has done wonderful with the recovery from his surgery, not that their was much recovery anyway. He did get a black eye but not a good enough one to have a story to tell. His follow up is today so we will see what the doctor thinks. Luke still enjoys school but to say that he doesn't like to be late for school is an understatement. Even the thought of being late puts him into a panic so it's something that we are working on. He told me that at lunch his friend Jackson always reminds him to eat his fruit or vegetables first, gotta love that kid! He was also busy all day Sunday planning "Nature Church" with Abigail, it's something the kids all came up with on an earlier playdate but the two of them were the only ones to see it through. They invited our neighbor over and set everything up in our front yard. They set up a stool on the sidewalk for the altar, Abigail read a bible story and then they sang some Nature songs. They have plans for the upcoming weeks with Columbus Church and Pumpkin Church as their themes. They worked very hard and we were so proud of them.
The countdown for Cody's birthday next week seems never ending to us. This kid is so excited for his Lego party it even brings him to tears because he wants new Lego's so bad. He is obsessed. Not only does he study the catalogs and reads everything about them, he reads their reviews on the computer and even gets out the ruler and tape measure to see how big their dimensions are so he's not disappointed he tells us. I think that he is going to be very pleased with his party and all of his presents and if I even hear him complain about having too many Lego's to build I might have to hurt him.
As for myself I am recovering from strep. I'm thankful that it's happening now and not next week because there is no time for being sick next week. It's full of volunteering, Halloween school parties, a Patriotic program, a birthday party and Halloween, I pray that we will all stay healthy. I have also been busy cooking and baking getting a husband ready to leave on his hunting trip. He is looking forward to some manly outdoor nature time and I am looking forward to simple dinners and some me time.
Great catch up post! Next week is going to be full of fun, I can't wait.
ReplyDeleteHope you feel better soon.
I hope you feel better soon! Crazy we both had strep. I love you! xoxo
ReplyDelete