It was an early morning for the McMullen's.
We dropped Ryan and Cody off with Amanda at 6:30.
Ryan was so excited, he asked if this was going to be an inside or outside play date.
We were all so nervous.
We were all so nervous.
I brought my camera so it was our entertainment while we waited.
Luke was having fun taking pictures of everything.
The medicine to make Luke all relaxed tasted horrible.
Right about now Luke is starting to get a little confused.
He's asking why he can't see anything (because the hat fell down over his eyes)
He's asking why his feet are blue (because he has shoe covers on)
He's asking us what he is laying on (the bed)
We were laughing so hard and I even snorted loudly.
It was just what we needed to help us relax and not worry so much.
It also helps that the the doctor and anesthesiologist both told me that they would take good care of him too, which they did.

After a quick kiss he was off to surgery still in his happy place.


After a quick kiss he was off to surgery still in his happy place.

The surgery went well, it was a success.
They made the incision on the inside of his lower lid and cleaned out the infection from the stye.
The doctor did accidentally bump a blood vessel so he will be getting a good black eye, it's already starting to show.

After a good long rest he finally started waking up.
After a good long rest he finally started waking up.
He was very confused, a little demanding and so ready to just go home.
The nurse said he should take it easy on eating, just eating a little to start with to see how his stomach would handle it. He didn't have a problem with food after his tonsil surgery so I wasn't too worried. Off to McDonald's we went for a breakfast burrito and a sprite. Not long after he started eating he said that he wanted another one or two burritos so I had to make a detour to hit another McDonald's on the way home and sure enough he devoured two more burritos with no problems at all.
It didn't take long for Luke to be back to his normal self. He wouldn't sleep at all for me, just played with his new toy, fought with Ryan and watched some movies.
So it's all good here!
Thanks for the prayers.










I am picturing the David goes to the Dentist YouTube video when you describe how Luke was acting :) I'm glad everything went well!
ReplyDeleteI have been checking all day for an update. THANK YOU for posting it, I have been thinking of Luke all day. Glad to hear it all went well. Love the 'strung out' pictures!
ReplyDeleteAunt Shelley
Oh good! I was praying for you guys yesterday! I'm glad to hear it all went well!
ReplyDeleteSeeing kids coming out of anesthesia is so sad! Glad to hear all went well!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad it all went well, those pictures and video of Lukey are hilarious!
ReplyDelete