Monday, October 4, 2010

storytime

Saturday while talking with Ryan he mentioned something to me about having to sit on the "thinking chair" Friday at school. The thinking chair is where you have to sit if you don't listen to the teacher and need to think about what choices you need to make. I am a little concerned at this point and start asking Ryan some more questions.

Me: Why did you have to sit on the thinking chair?
Ryan: I not sit on my apple (a cutout taped to the floor) on the floor.
Me: Why were you not sitting on your apple?
Ryan: Because I keep getting up?
Me: What were you doing?
Ryan: Making silly faces.
Me: Were you trying to make the kids laugh?
Ryan: Yes
Me: How many times did Miss Michelle ask you to sit back down?
Ryan: (counting on his fingers) one, two, three
Me: Miss Michelle asked you three times to sit on your apple and you kept making silly faces at the kids?
Ryan: Yes

This is the part where I start to lecture him on how he should behave while in class.

Sunday I made Ryan sit down to write an apology to Miss Michelle for not listening in class.
I was very proud of how well he did sounding out and writing his words, too bad it had to be for this though.

(Sorry Miss Michelle) Ryan

Monday morning on the way to school another conversation starts:

Ryan: I hope I get to go out to recess today.
Me: Why wouldn't you get to....(wait a minute) did you miss recess on Friday?
Ryan: Yes
Me: Why?
Ryan: Member mom because I was naughty.
Me: (more lecturing)

When we arrive at the school we go in and hand Miss Michelle her note and tell her that it's an apology for what happened on Friday. She seemed a little confused, so I tell her how Ryan told me about the apple and not sitting down and making silly faces and the thinking chair and no recess and she is just looking at me shaking her head and tells me...

None of that even happened!

Now I have the confused look on my face. WHAT?

She says Ryan did great on Friday and they had no issues, he never sat in the thinking chair, he didn't miss recess, the only thing he could be guilty of is that he does like to be funny and make the kids laugh in class but wasn't doing that either.

So I don't even know what to think at this point. I have no idea what made him think of making up that whole story, but I have to give him some credit; it was a good one.
Heath and I don't know whether to be proud of him because he really didn't behave like that or be upset because he might be a compulsive liar?

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness! It is funny but I'm not his mom :) If that were one of my boys I wouldn't know what to do! What a character!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay - I had to laugh out loud on this story! Wow! To even carry on about it on Monday on the drive to school...by then he must have really believed it was true!

    Not sure what I would think as his parent, either. But as his Aunt I find it hilarious!

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete