The LEGO themed party was almost too much for Cody
he talked about LEGO'S non-stop, we didn't know if we could take much more.

Cody is so excited to be nine because he can't wait to be a tween!

His birthday started out early (like always) opening presents at 6:00am.
It was LEGO'S everything!
This kept him busy all day long!
In a conversation with Grammy and Papa over the phone, they asked him what LEGO sets he got and he told them, "I got a $59.99 set and a $29.99 and a $24.99 set and a $4.99 set.
We had to laugh because that is how much he has studied the LEGO catalogs, he just names them by price instead of what each LEGO set is called.

We re-scheduled his friends party for today but kept it only an hour long because we didn't want it to be too much for Cody. An hour was perfect for me because it got a little crazy at the house.
Love, love, love these invitations that Amanda made.

The party started off with some games.
They played I SPY with LEGO pieces and
then a LEGO version of a couple of Minute to Win it games.

Present time. More LEGO'S.

Singing and cupcakes

The house was decorated so fun.
Everything bright and colorful, just like LEGO'S.
LEGO mini-figures passed out for party favors.

Heath and his big boy!

With more LEGO'S to finish building and Subway for dinner,
this nine year old had the most perfect birthday!
We love you Cody!
Great pics, I love all the bright colors of legos! I'm so glad to hear he had a fun day, we're so happy we were able to help him celebrate!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a blast!!! Happy Birthday Cody! (I can't believe how well he looks for just having surgery)
ReplyDeleteHappy 9th Birthday Cody and take your time enjoying being 9, you will be a 'tween' soon enough. Love, Grammy & Papa
ReplyDelete