Thursday, December 30, 2010

christmas highlights

Christmas was wonderful.
It really was.
We are still in recovery mode though.
I haven't blogged.
I haven't taken down one decoration or ornament from the tree.
The house is a mess.
But we have been spending money.
Our microwave died two days before Christmas.
Our dryer broke two days after Christmas.
But that's just life, so back to Christmas morning.
No surprise that ours started early, 1:30am and then every hour after that until six.
I absolutely love how excited the boys get but a little sleep would be nice.
Cody even told us on one of his trips back to his room he saw a man's shadow downstairs and knew that Santa was here!
Finally it was time to race downstairs to open presents.
The kids passed right by their Santa gift, a new Ruger .22 rifle (thinking it was for Heath) and headed for their stockings.
We took turns opening our presents and there was nothing but smiles.
a new XBox360 for Heath
a Kindle for me
a 973 piece Police lego set for Cody
an art case with extras for Luke
a marble maze and Halo figurines for Ryan
and so much more.
My favorite though probably the presents the boys bought for Heath and I.
A Willow Tree statue, bath salts and a #1 Mom sign for me.
A fishing tackle bag, ammo box and electric coffee mug for Heath.
Then time to pack up and do it all over again at my parents house where it's the same each year.
All sitting in the living room, opening presents (starting from youngest to oldest), going around and around until the presents are gone. It only took us two hours this year, I think that might be a new record!
Once again, nothing but smiles.
Dinner was great (ham and potatoes) and the dessert even better (homemade apple and peanut butter pies).
Having the whole family together was the best part of all, it was a wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful day but where are the pictures?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it that the boys and girls talked that morning. It was so cute listening to them tell each other what they got. They were all soooo excited.

    Another great Christmas! Have you downloaded any books on your Kindle yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think if Teresia had put in a special order in she still couldnt have gotten one as great as you Melissa.You sound like the perfect wife ,mother, and daughter and daughter-in-law. There are very few good women like you in this world. I think I;m jealous, I want a daughter-in-law like you. ha love, Jessie

    ReplyDelete