I'm not even for sure when we first started exchanging gifts with them but
we have done it for a few years and it seems to be a new tradition now.
They are the only friends that we buy presents for
I guess because they are more than just friends to the boys, almost more like sisters.


It was a Lego theme this year, since that is what they are all into these days.
Abigail and Ashlynn bought the boys each a Lego ornament that you put together
along with the new Lego movie (the first ever Lego movie on DVD as Cody informed us)!

The boys bought the girls each their own small Lego set, an RV camper for Abigail and a dog house with dogs for Ashlynn. Once we spotted this (create & color castle) in the sales ads Heath knew he wanted to buy it for the girls. It was something more so just to annoy Jason and Amanda but I think the idea backfired because I'm sure it kept the girls quiet and busy for hours, they just had to put up with a bulky cardboard castle in their living room.

This is a new ornament that Amanda found for us at Crate & Barrel.
I just love it! There is another someone at our house who loved it too,
maybe even more so because his eyes got huge when he saw it.
I hope that means he is really going to love one of his Christmas presents
(just a bigger version of this!)

To end the evening I had a special suprise for everyone.
It was a video of all the kids since they first became friends up until now.
This is a project that Amanda and I have been talking about for awhile now,
but something I didn't tell her that I had even started working on. (a hard secret to keep)
It was so fun watching all together, the kids thought that they were real movie stars!
What a special night it was.
Thanks for the fun night! You forgot to mention the huge nerf gun fight that ended the night! ;o) We should have (and when I say we I mean you) gotten a picture of J totally getting into the game.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the video. It's so cute and totally captures their friendship. Thanks for all the hard work and love you put into it. I can't wait to watch it with them when their all in their 20's.
And the lego are still a big hit over here, thanks!